No period in 4 months, not preg

Well, I haven't had a period since April 25 of this year. All of my pregnancy tests come out negative, even the one blood test I took with my primary physician. I went to a specialist and she prescribed me some medicine that will bring down my period but told me not to take them until I get another blood test with the results just to make sure I'm not pregnant. I haven't gone to get the bloodtest yet and It's been about 2 weeks since i've seen the doctor, I'm scared of what might be going on with me. I'm healthy and other than now, have never been late with my period. Has this happened to anyone b4? Have any advice, or think you might know what may be going on here?
How old are you may i ask??
im 20 and My period is also irregular has stopped for years at a time. I went to the doctors twice and he said there was nothing to be worried about. There are possible reasons for this, maybe a cyst or something. Fortunately you have a doc thats willing to find out a cause, my doc just looks at me as if im crazy for coming to the doctors and stares at me untill i walk out.
just sit back and relax unless they find something
I am in a similar situation.  I have checked out so many websites and none of them pertain to my situation.  Please share whatever you find out.  The only thing that has helped me to menstruate has been taking Vitex.  Within 48 hours of taking Vitex I can feel mild cramps.
I just turned 22 this week. The medicine that my doc prescribed for me is call Provena. Also, if your doc won't help you investigate what is going on with your body, don't be afraid to seek a second and third opinion if need be. At the end of the day it is your body. I never just "go with" whatever the doc says if I know I feel a certain way. For example, my mother went in eraly this year for a mamogram and they told her they found some lumps but that they looked benign. She didn't take their word for it, and went abd had a second opinion only to find out she had breast cancer and needed a double mastectomy!! I'm not saying this to scare you, just to tell you to be more attentive to your personal health.

I will keep you all posted if any new developments arrise or if I find out anything else, i know how frustrating and perplexing this thing is!!
Hi! I am 21 years old and this is the 6th month I have gone with out a period. It really sucks and makes you feel like you are not a woman! (that is how it feels to me!) and I assure you you are! I have been to the doctor the last time this happened (almost a year) and he gave me some pills to encourage my period to start. It took ten days exactly for it to come and it was very very very Heavy! From my advice you REALLY need to make sure that your blood pregnancy test is negitive... The pills that your doctor gave you could kill or harm the baby if take them during pregnancy. After I took my ten pills I started right when I was supposed to. It obviously makes you VERY fertile afterwards, because I got pregnant a couple days after my period ended. We are going to try not to get pregnant when we go to the doctor this time for my ten day pill supply, because my son was born with a birth defect called gastroschisis (his bowels were on the outside). I think that the pill might have caused it! I am not for sure so dont think that if you get pregnant after this pill, that your child is going to have a birth defect, because I am NOT a doctor and it is just my personal guess! Anymore questions let me know!
Laur
Thanks so much Laur. I went on 9/7/06 to have my blood drawn and I guess they should have those results for me in a few days. I just want to start having a epriod, I feel really yucky!!! Like my face is all broken out and oily and I've alrady gained like 7 vanity pounds. When I went to the doc they said that's normal because of all the estrigen in my system. I just really hope that I can take those pills and start my period soon. Did the doctors ever tell you why they thought you had stopped your period, or was it just one of those things that they didn't have an answer for? And was the period extreemly painfull as well once you took the ten pills?
No it was not a painful period. It was just really really heavy and I didnt think it was ever going to stop!! I have never really had painful periods though. No, the doctor could not tell me what was going on with me? I guess that is one thing that researchers need to go over? It has really left me at a loss. I dont know what to tell my girlfriends or my husband. I just have to say I dont have a period sometimes???? I started my period when I was almost 17 years old! That isnt exactly normal.. I have always kinda felt left out. But what is funny is when it is here I want it to go away! I have done some research on something called AMENNOREAH (I think that is how you spell it?) you should do some website jumping and read more about it! It might help you out a little. I know it did me!
Laur
Guess what! If you havent read, I started my period today after it had been absent for six months!! Just be very patient! It will come!! Just in the meanwhile keep in touch with your obgyn!! Good luck and stay in touch!
L
Thanks Laur!! And that's great about your period!!! I plan to have my period this week one way or another!!! Once i get blood results back, which i'm almost possitive will be negative for pregnancy, I'm filling my prescription and taking those pills to bring down my period. I can't take it anymore ;p Thanks for the advice though. I will def look up that Amenoreah thing. Thanks ;)
Hey, well i was in the same situation until last month which was the 1st time i had my period from April, i was perscribed Provera, to bring it on and it did, but i'm trying to have a baby, My gyno has perscribed me clomiphine to stimulate the ovaries, all i know is after taking the provera i had really bad peroid pain and it came back with a vengence, I have a really good gyno and if u are trying to concieve, i've been through a lot of pelvic ultrasounds (internal) cause it's the best way to see what's going on and i have had an x-ray that shows whether my falliopian tubes are blocked or not, but they wern't so i'm now at day 15 of my cycle and hopefully from taking the clomiphine i have ovulated and maybe i will be pregnant but i'm not keeping my hopes up as i have to have a blood test to see if i did ovulate and whether the dosage of clomiphene need to be made higher, But i will keep you informed
Hi, 2 years ago I went off the birth control pill because I became aware of how harmful it is to your health. After a year of no period, I went to a homeopath who gave me these little hormone pills. After a couple of months I got my period and stopped taking the pills. I got my period 2 more times - lighter and lighter with each month - and now nothing again. I'm doing a candida cleanse at the moment, as I've heard this helps sort out imbalances... fingers tightly crossed!
Tamsyn.
i had a implant removed in nov i had a period then another really heavy in dec now nothing since i have been tryin for a baby but 4 tests later and im still not preggy i have put weight on i am havin cramps even my boobs have started hurtin the last 2 days but no period and my mood swings are bad help what do i do