Nonstop Menstruating

I am 24 years old, and my cycle never stops.  I started my period when I was 12 years old and it has never been regular.  When I first started, it would only last about 3 days, but I would only have it 3 or 4 times a year.  When I was about 16 they started lasting for over a month.  I had a pap done and it came back normal, so they just put me on birth control.  That regulated it, until I quit taking the birth control.  I have been on birth control several times, but it always goes back to constant bleeding as soon as I quit taking the BCP.  I have been to a health clinic, at least 2 different doctors, and 2 different ob-gyns.  My paps always come back normal.  I have had blood work done.  There is no problem with my thyroid or blood sugar or any of the tests.  I've had an ultrasound done, and they said everything looked really good.  No cysts or fibroids or anything out of the normal.  I used to be anemic, but the last couple times I had blood work done, it all came back normal.

I have been bleeding year round, for years now. If I am lucky, it might stop for a few hours.  The longest has been a 2 week break in it.  All these doctors want to do is give me BC and send me out the door, and it don't help!  The last time I tried taking BC, I was on it for a month, but it made it worse.  I was bleeding extremely heavy to the point of having to wear both a pad and tampon, the highest absorbincies, and I was having to change them about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

I want to know what is wrong with me, but nobody seems to be able to give me an answer.  I am tired all the time.  I don't have the energy to do anything.  Even if I get 12 hours of sleep, I am still exhausted and just drained.