Normal for loss of appetite when pregnant???
The last couple of days, I have noticed that I am just not hungry- AT ALL. When I eat, I feel sick and huge. I don't have an appetite for ANYTHING. Is this normal?? Has anyone else experienced it?? Please, any input would be great. 6wks today
Thanks so much everyone for the comments i feel alot better knowing its normal to have a loss of appetite when ur pregnant. I was scared i am not about six weeks pregnant and cant keep any food down but i constantly feel hungry but i just cant eat. I have had a miscarrage in my past and that also scares me. I just hope everything works out for me. I am going to take some advice u guys left on ur comments and maybe try to eat some fruit and yogurt and coat my stomache with milk. Thanks :)
when i got pregnat with my son over two years ago i didnt have insurance so i went to the e.r thought maybe something was with my stomach but thats how i found out i was pregnant and it went away after a week or so :) and everything turned out good!
My husband and I are trying to conceive. I have a loss of appetite for almost a week now. I am a few days late for my period, but the urine pregnancy test turned out negative. I don't know if I am pregnant, just know that I can't eat even when I want to. I eat a lot of fruits though and drink a lot of water. Have a bit of diarrhoea, slight cramps, mild headache and backache, but nothing serious. My doctor suspects I am pregnant. Could I be?
i know how you feel, I too have lost 2 kids back to back, and i am scared to death about this one as well.. but i am 9 weeks and i notest that somedays i will be hungry one day and then the next day i am not that hungry but it makes me worry as well... :D i hope everything works out for you.... when you hear the heart beat and see it, it makes the world of difference trust me
i lost 10 pounds in my first trimester with my first pregnancy.. the doc started seeing me every 2 weeks when i was 10 weeks along because he wanted to see me start gaining weight.. i was just too queezy to eat.. but i started gaining around 13 weeks (only gained 12lbs the whole pregnancy, over the starting weight) and ended up having a healthy baby born 8lbs 2oz. after getting home from the hospital i was 10lbs less than i was when i got pregnant which was awesome!  

Basically.. baby takes what he/she needs and you get what's left over.  i kept a steady supply of plain salted crackers in my desk at work and snacked on those when feeling nauseous, and made sure to take my prenatal vitamin every day so baby was at least getting the vitamins he needed :)

i'm now preggo with my second and having the same loss of appetite.. no nausea yet though! (only 6 wks) just empty feeling.. when i do eat i feel better tho.  just hard to "want" to eat
Im 11 weeks pregnant and I dont get hungry at all I take a bite n ill b full for d whole day is dis normal
I have just tested positive for pregnancy - probably about 4-5 weeks along. I am older and have never had a successful pregnancy - 4 miscarriages and counting! I have some symptoms - sometimes a bit of queasiness, sometimes need to go to the bathroom a lot, sometimes sleepy, some vivid dreams - and sometimes I have an appetite, sometimes not. I have my first appointment next week but can't help feeling nervous that I've lost my pregnancy - I have never made it past about 8 weeks.
Wow, I'm 18, on BC pills, and kind of freaking out right now. Last month I was really sick for about two weeks. I told myself that it was just a stomach flu but everyone else thought that it was pregnancy, So I took a HPT. It came out negative (and I got my period a day late) so I just relaxed with the thought that it WAS the stomach flu.

Then this month I've been really moody, and I haven't wanted to eat anything. I feel REALLY hungry so I make a whole bunch of food and when I start eating, I don't want it anymore. I'm starting to feel like I am getting a false negative and that this is all early stages of pregnancy.

I had missed three pills in a row last month, and maybe this is all just sneaking up on me... But all I know, is that I've been really depressed, feeling ugly, and not eating... I think I'm pregnant. : /  
UTI get checked now... get it fixed it can cause premature labor if it goes untreaed i have a friend who lost her baby as she gave birth to him in her bathroom due to an undetected UTI... they are very dangerous and one should not wait to be seen for it.
i am 15 years old and people say im not fat but a few days ago i started feeling like i was getting a little chunkey and was gaining weight. and now i have no appetite and i cant hardly stand up long and i cant run like i did a few weeks ago in tennis. im not sure but after reading all the posts im starting to think i could be pregnant. but i have no idea if thats what it is. but on top of that i sleep alot lately now or atleast i want to. i just want to know if that means theres a chance that i could be preggo. please let me know if i could im starting to worry.
Idk if I'm prego or not but don't have an appetite at all but I also don't feel sick I am 6 days over my period and have been getting discharge that's all...any chance I could be prego??
I'm about 4 weeks and all I want is yogurt.... Peach yogurt, to be specific. I start eating other foods and lose interest very quickly. Im also quite bloated. It's so helpful and reassuring to see that other people have a similar experience. No nausea yet....definitely not looking forward to that.
I know what you mean, Except im hungry alot but when i try to eat i can only take a few bites then be completely done with that meal. My boyfriend sometimes gets frustrated cuz im not eating , The only thing i will eat is cereal and sweets .
Thanks for all of your post's. I was very worried i was the only one. Im always hungry but when i eat , after a few bites i feel like im gonna get sick from it. Ive only been eating a bowl of cereal a day :S

The question i wanna ask is how far along do u have to be until a baby bump shows up ?? My doctor says im approx. 10-11 weeks i go for my ultrasound this monday. I just think i should have more of a bump if im about 3 - 3 nd a half months. When did any of you start seeing a bump? Does it matter if ur skinny or fat ?
Hey, it's me again. So it's been two months since I've last posted and I'm thinking that I really am pregnant. It's all very confusing because I've taken three home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. I also took a blood test and it was negative... and I'm still having periods but they're late and odd. I know that some women can have periods all the way through pregnancy and tests are undetected, so I'm thinking I may be one of those women...?

My symptoms include, really bad nausea and dizziness, shortness of breath, sharp shards of pain in my stomach, extreme tiredness, mood swings, and headaches. I noticed that you said something about a UTI? Would that cause negative tests? My family keeps telling me that I'm not prego, but I tell them that something is very different in me... Possibly I'm making myself have symptoms, but I doubt it. I don't a baby THAT bad.

Please help! I am really freaking out. If I am pregnant, it was conceived on Feb. 14th, so I'd almost be 3 months. I'm still taking sleeping pills, depression meds, and birth control, and I'm afraid that I may be hurting the baby.
it is normal to have a negative test. i had one negative also, sometimes if you are still very early in pregnancy it wont show up on the test.. hope this helps (:
im 6 weeks prego imgoin tru the same thing its normal butno matter whtmake sure u take ur prenatal pill even me i dnt even have a taste for tht big pill but i force myself for the saKE OF MY BABY <3
I'm in the same situation now. What was ur turnout?
I just found out I am about 9 weeks pregnant and I also have an aversion to eating... especially if I just come home after work. I'm usually just tired. So, to help 'ensure' I get all my vitamins, I drink an Ensure or Boost to keep my tummy full. I think this is normal from all the previous comments but I will also check with my doctor tomorrow... for my first prenatal visit! So excited! Either way, just take the necessary steps to keep yourself aware of what is going on in your body. Never hurts to ask a doctor!

Congrats to all the new preggies!
:)
hi everyone i have been reading this thread and felt that maybe some of you could give my situation some input, I have had a complete appetite loss for about a month, i just havent been hungry no hunger pains or anything, Then yesterday my hunger came back in full force i have been eating everything in sight! As far as I know I am not pregnant because I have been having normal bleeding. I did read that it is possible to have bleeding that is very similar to a normal period. I have also been extremely tired and sore and nauseous, Could I be pregnant and not have realized it? Would it be worth taking a test or am I just over thinking it? I usually have a big appetite and can go with little to no sleep. Any input at all would be appreciated.
Just letting you know, I had these symptoms when I was 17 (I was a virgin, so it was impossible that I was prego). The dr's couldn't figure out what it was in my home town for the longest time. I went away for college and when I had a really bad week (food didn't stay down, super bad pain in my abdomen) I went to the ER. They said it was my gallbladder and that I had to have it removed. The symptoms were the same as pregnancy so they always asked if I was pregnant. If it keeps up and hpt's don't show your prego you should definitely ask your doctor to check your gallbladder.
Im not sure if i am pregnant or not but for the past week i have had horrible morning sickness & a major loss of an need for food. The site of food makes me sick, i try to eat but its like it comes right back up. Im only 19, ive had pains in my stomach & every sign of pregnancy.
I had do a pregnancy test 3 weeks ago it was negative. Now im feeling really sick & food turns my stomach ALL FOOD! Im only 19 never been pregnant before but definitly feel like it now i have pains in my lower stomach & im sick every morning but no breast tenderness. NEED HELP!!!
I had done a pregnancy test 3 weeks ago it was negative. Now im feeling really sick & food turns my stomach ALL FOOD! Im only 19 never been pregnant before but definitly feel like it now i have pains in my lower stomach & im sick every morning but no breast tenderness. NEED HELP!!!
same here i had 2 pregnancy tests both were negative which ***** but i know theres something going on cuz my breasts hurt alot differently than they would if i was on a period and changed color when i do eat its only a few bites it takes me an hr just to eat a sandwhich took me 2 hrs to eat 4 chicken nuggets i gave the rest to the dogs miracle whip churns my stomach, ketchup,bbq sauce, sloppy joes one night my bf opened up a can of potted meet and the smell got to me so i had to stand near the doorway of the kitchen just to avoid getting sick to my stomach i cant believe how much the sense of smell has heightened this dont happen when i get a period theres so many things going on thats never happened before im going to get a blood test the 3rd i hope it wont say negative cuz theres just too much going on for me not to be pregnant with a little one :)
What should I do if every time I eat I get sick from my pregnancy
I too have a loss of appetite am very tired and now when i smoke cannabis or cigs i feel sick and was wondering if it could be that im pregnant??
i'm 4 weeks and my appetite is gone too, i get scared i might lose my baby so i do eat little things but sometimes i just cant eat because nothing seems totaste good..any helpful tips?
Hey everyone ... my name is Chelsea and I need some help .... I wasn't gonna post on here cause my fiance's brothers wife posted on her about a year or so ago maybe I think its her and I was kinda afraid to post cause she might tell his brother but oh well... I need some advice...  I'm on birthcontrol but I don't think it worked cause I'm having a lot of symptoms like all of you are saying you have ... I haven't took a test yet only cause I'm afraid of the out come of the test and what my mom would say and do and my fiance Ritchie's mom would say and do..... I'm really scared cause I don't know what to do I have loss of appetite ... I get way to hot at times .... I've had heart burn a lot and I'm not getting comfortable going to sleep always tossing and turning and I have to go pee a lot... and I just really don't feel my self.. I've had multiple test done in the passed and they all came out - negetive-  but I really think I am this time . I'm afraid if I am prego am I doing everything right or am I doing them wrong .... any advice would help thanks!
Hi there and welcome.

Well, you mention that you are on birth control.  Is this the pill?  That should cut down on your risk of getting pregnant, right?  Sure, it can happen once in a blue moon---  but that is a pretty effective form of birth control.

The thing with pregnancy symptoms is that they come about due to the hormones from the pregnancy.  And these hormone levels grow as the baby grows.  It takes time to build up in the system to really have symptoms from being pregnant.  That is why things like pregnancy induced nausea happens usually around the 6th or 7th week of pregnancy.  

Cycles work like this----  the first day of your cycle is the first day of your period.  You ovulate typically around day 14 and have a 24 to 48 hour window that you have an egg to fertilize.  It helps to pay attention to your own cycle to track when it is off.  

Pregnancy tests can be negative when given too early.  but it is actually pretty rare to have a negative test once a pregnancy is going strong (asi n when you'd start to have symptoms of being pregnant).

Remember that your hormones in general can cause various symptoms like what you are speaking of even when not pregnant.  

Are you late for your period?
Yes . I was supose to start the 20th of Sept and I'm regular every month I always have one .... but I still haven't had one and today the 12 leans Oct so I'm getting a little worried .... and yes usually. for birthcontrol that's why my mom put me on it to protect me from getting prego. But my fiance has asked me why am I acting so weeks lastly he's even asked me if I was prego I told him no but I don't even know and i don't know exactly when but it was recent I'm still feeling sick.... I feel sick all day but I don't throw up or anything... I'm just getting really worried.
Well, if you are that late,, have you gone and gotten a pregnancy test at the store???
No not yet I'm afraid if it is what everyone will say.specailly what my mom and my fiance mom and what my fiance will say. I'm scared .  my best friend got me one but haven't been able to go Over to her house and take it .
About the appetite thing...I am 21wks prego and have had a loss of appetite for the last 6 weeks.

I am never hungry after about 3pm in the afternoon.  Today, I wasn't even hungry past 12:30pm when I ate lunch.  I made myself have some fruit at 6:30pm..just because.  I feel satisfied, not starving in the least, and no desire for food during this time.  I have also wondered if this was normal!??

When I wake up I also do not need much food for breakfast....but by lunch time I am hungry and have a decent meal.  I am trying to eat really healthy food and even workout once a day either cardio or weights.  

I just can't believe I'm not needing more food during the day/night.  

I wonder if my appetite will come back 3rd Tri?
Today is christmas I tryed eatin candy yams corn bread ham n macaronni n man I could not eat I was hungry but when I start to eat my felling of being hungry went away
Are you pregnant?
LOL IT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL... I AM THE BIGGEST MEAT EATER AND W/ BOTH OF MY KIDS i COULDN'T EVEN LOOK AT MEAT OR I WANTED TO PUKE... JUST THE SMELL WAS HORRIBLE... ALTHOUGH I ALSO FELT IF I DIDN'T EAT ENOUGH I WOULD FEEL SICK AT THE THOUGHT OF FOOD... SO WALK A THIN LINE... EAT B/C YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TOO, BUT BY ALL MEANS AVOID THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU INSTANTLY THINK ... YUCK!
I am currently 12 weeks, I have lost my appetite all of the sudden, very week, tired, and have bad headaches.  I am wondering if this is normal.  I have very bad constipation and have had to use an enima, after the last time I went my level of weakness got really bad and 4 days later has not improved, I feel worse than before.  Is this is reason to worry...thank you for any feed back I can get.
It is normal for some and others have not experienced it..i hate looking for something about what I'm going thru just to read some women answer the question and others ask questions with a question..if u have a question ask on your own post so others aren't confused and reading a bunch of riff raff..its respect to the woman who posted the question ..i find ppl do this all on other post as well and its a waste of time to read more questions than answers.
I have also lost my appetite. i just dont want to eat. even when im starving it just feels like deep down. im going to puke. i cant drink anything either. it *****. im scared my baby is going to get malnourished. im 8 weeks today. help??
Thank you to all. This is my first pregnancy and Im 5w5d today. I was a little worried because for the past two weeks I haven't had an appetite at all. Ive been on different sites and it all adds up to be its a normal thing. And most happen around 6wks. Again, thanks for the peace of mind
I'm 17 and living with my boyfriend. About 3 days ago i realized that I can't eat anything. Food makes me sick, even the smell of it. I went to see my doctor today and she didn't know anything that could be wrong with me other then pregnancy. I let them do a test and it came back negative. She told me if i got worse to come back but try to take another test in a couple of weeks. I haven't been on birth control in a while so I'm a little scared. Is there anyway that I could be pregnant?
May be it's signs for the pregnancy. you should take the another test in my opinion.
I am two days late, and I haven't missed a period in two years! I am also not hungry but tired.. my nipples are also very sore, but not the whole breast.. Am I pregnant? Should my husband and I be excited?
I've lot off my appeptite for eating and when I haven't I try to eat a meal and haf threw it I lose my appretite.. And I haven't threw up buh I've been feeling am guna last week er two and am constanstly feel depressed, useless and tired.. What can I do to change it all?
I am 6 weeks and I barely have an appetite.( no vomiting yet though) Meat makes me sick even looking at it. I have started drinking calorie smart boosts in the morning(for the nutrients without the weight gain) and i take my prenatal at night before dinner. Vitamins are so importnant so I hope between the boost and the prenatal my baby is getting enough for the time being until my appetite comes back.
Hi my name is Rosa I'm having the same concerns I've been pregnant  for a while now is like everything I smell or eat  I get sick I don't have an appetite for anything anymore and I get scared because I think that it would do something to the baby?
hi! Im 17 and I havent been eating at all! Everything I smell or see i gag! I havent started my period I missed it last month and still havent started . my stomach will just not let me eat but also is growling . Now I only eat 1 time a day and wont even finish my whole meal . I dont want to take a test yet I feel like its to early to know . I need help I dont know if Im pg.  I cant even smoke anymore I just throw up from the smell! Need some help asap!
You've tacked this onto an old post which means it is easily missed by the forum.  Best to ask your own questions.  So, at home pregnancy tests are inexpensive and readily available.  Go get one of those and take it.  This is the only way to know if you are pregnant.  Smoking is bad for your health in general but particularly if you are pregnant so maybe not such a bad thing that you can't smoke.  Go get a test and find out if you are pregnant and go from there.  good luck