Not that easy to get pregnant

Hi Ladies,

I'm back again .. so I'm reading the postings and seems like its not that easy to get pregnant - I have a 5 year old which I unintentionally conceived .. at 21..

Now ready for my second baby - I stopped using birth control but no pregnancy yet .. I havent timed anything and dont know when I ovulate - but I cant help worrying if something is wrong .. so many women I know get pregnant so easy , without even trying..

How do I know if something is wrong or not ?
Amen sister, it's not that easy getting pregnant when you're actually trying!  Just a thought, what kind of bc were you using.  I know hormonal birth control can take a while to get out of your system.  From what I've read, alot of women don't have infertility problems, but rather timing problems.  I would encourage you to look through these archives and get to know your own cycle.  Find out when you ovulate and when would be the peak time to BD.  It is always smart to go for a pre-conception visit and have the doc do an exam, especially if you're worried about something being wrong with your fetility.  Good Luck and baby dust********
A big cause of infertility is a low thyroid condition.  
If you go to Mary Shoman's (national thyroid patient advocate) site and search "infertility", there is more information and it will tell you what your TSH should best be to conceive.

I hate I missed out on another child because of my own then undiagnosed Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease).  But anyone having difficulty, should always have this checked.
To give some hope on the thyroid issue.

My cousin has a very bad thyroid condition and has concevied 3 times...one time on the pill and another 3 months after having her second child and breastfeeding.

I also know someone else with five kids and she suffers from a thyroid condition as well.  I believe her symptom was a fast heart beat.

what I recommend is that you purchase a ovulation predictor kit.  It could only help  you.  I had a tough time finding out when I ovulated due to my periods coming every 28-36 days.  It worked first try and I have a healthy 14 month old.  Keep track of your cervical mucus (gross, I know) but that definately helped as well.  Good luck!

Gina
how long have you been trying?
Without knowing a) if you OV and b) when it actually happens, then conceiving is going to be a guessing game for you.  My DH and I have been BBT charting for 3 months so I know that I OV and I know that I'm BDing at the right times and it STILL hasn't happened!  Even the most fertile couples have only a 20% to 25% chance of conceiving each month. Not very good odds, huh? Go to your library or order from Amazon "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.  It is such a valuable resource for women that are TTC.  You can also try FertilityFriend.Com, but I personally think the book is more useful.  If you start charting you're are going to have a good record of what is going on with your body if and when you ever have to see a fertility DR.  Best of luck to you.  Know that you are not the only one discouraged with this whole baby-making thing.  Who knew it would be such work!
I was told that the BBT method was the hardest and took the longest.  Took my friend a year to conceive that way.  her second child she was not really tracking anything and she got pregnant right away.