Numbness from Cesarean

I had a C-section about 5 months ago. The area above the scar is still almost completely numb. The only feeling that I have is some tenderness. Is this normal and will it go away?
Yes, normal and yes, will go away.  I had an appendicile abscess in my teens, and when I remarked later to the doc that the skin around the scar on my stomach was numb, he said, "Oh, yeah, that's because some superficial skin nerves were cut.  It will heal in -- " (and here I expected to say, "three weeks" or something because of how casual he sounded) "-- oh, about a year or so."  What a surprise that was!  And it did slowly heal, I think took about a year and a half before everything, even the scar, was normally sensitive to touch again.
I had some numbness for nearly a year after my DD was born. Totally normal!
Thanks!