PAIN AFTER STERILISATION

has anyone here been sterilised [women]. i have just had it done and wondered how long the pain lasts. when can i resume normal things like lifting my kids, driving sex etc. should i wait the 2 weeks until my stitches have fully dissolved. and would salt in my bath water help the healing process. ANYBODY...........................
I can't say I've been sterilized (it'll be DH who is, not myself) however I have had laparoscopic surgery done. It took (me personally) about 2 weeks to start to feel better and maybe 3-4 weeks to completely heal. It's very normal for them to sting and itch quite a bit, as it's them healing. You want to make sure they stay clean and you don't pick or rub roughly against them.

For now, I would abstain from sex until your doctor gives you a go ahead and avoid lifting heavy things for now. My doctor said to not lift my daughter for at least 1 week+ and to not push myself. I didn't find soaking in a bath helped, but others might. Try a few different things and see what helps. If you're going to hold your child on your lap, make sure you use a pillow over them.

It is natural for the surgical site to be painful after stitch. However if there is intense pain then it can be due to infection of the bump. In such a case, the overlying skin is red, warm and painful. Then a course of topical and oral antibiotics is needed.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

no my wound areas are not inflammed am just stiff and achy. thanx again for your comments. take care too
thanx for your reply. thankfully am feeling a lot better today. god bless you.