Pain above left breast, left armpit and shoulder

Hi. Since April I have had pain above my left breast. It's not constantly there, but it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like a burning pain, other times it feels like a cramp. I've also felt it in my armpit at times and it will also creep up over my shoulder. Although I VERY RARELY feel it on the right side, it DOES happen once in awhile. But for the most part it's been my left side. I've had all the heart tests, including stress echo, I've had an MRI of my brain and neck, I've had a breast exam. I've even seen a chiropractor. Every test they've done comes back normal. And nothing seems to help. I've tried aspri - doesn't work. I try massaging my breast and shoulders and that seems to help a tiny bit. Usually the pain is very dull...but one night I woke up in excruciating pain for about 10 seconds, then it went back to being dull. I'm 24, and I am being treated for Anxiety/Panic Disorder. My Psychiatrist does not think it's related. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas about what could be going on with me?!?!?!
sounds like it could maybe be  a pulled muscle or ligament maybe. try ibuprofin and a heating pad maybe that will help.
Do you feel like it is like air caught there? I have the same as you. It seems that I need to burp too but can't
What muscle could be pulled that would cause pain in both above the chest and my armpit/shoulder? Or what ligament could/would be torn? My doctors don't know what to do with me anymore. I've tried Ibruprophen AND aspirin as well as Naproxen, but I'm not sure if they work seeing as how the pain comes and goes so quickly anyway. And, do pulled muscles last for more than 7 months? It's not a pain I have every day, and I seem to excecise okay, too. I haven't tried a heating pad next time and see if that will help at all. Thanks for the advice.
I have an almost identical pain to you except that I feel the pain 95% of the time.  I have gotten similar x-rays, mri of brachioplex, mri of cervical spine, cat scan of chest, stress test, EKG, Echocardiogram. They havn't found anything except for an enlarged thymus gland.  They are keeping an eye on it and i need to get another cat scan in 2 months time to see if it gets larger in size, as of now it is in the normal variance range.  They dont' seem to think it could result in the pain i am having though and have classified it as a red herring.  This leaves me with the pain that I've always had and now a new problem to worry about.  I need to find out what this is.  If anyone thinks they know please help!!!

Brad
I have looking online to see what it is I have when I found your comment.   I have the exact same pain above my left breast.  I have also had many tests done, heart exams etc, and everything seems to be fine.   I have also had an anxiety problem for the past two years!  I guess I am not sure to be able to help you find out what the problem is exactly, however, I think it helps to know that someone else has the same problem.  :o s   Although I don't believe we have pulled a muscle, I think this might have something to do with muscle tension.  I am not sure if your neck and upper back hurt at all, but mine do.   These muscles are connected to each other, so maybe that would have something to do with the chest pain.
Hi i have the very same problem and also suffer with anxiety so i wonder if the two are linked as i have only had both problems a year and am generally much better but it seems if i have a bad day (not too many now) then the shoulder and breast pain come back, i get the pain in my breast first this really worries me and i get sore the next day under my arm and then the shoulder pain follow's, i think the key is try not to worry about it too much and see it as another anxiety symtom if all test's come back clear, easier said than done when you have anxiety though i know.
I am having these pains as well. I too have stress and anxiety issues. Anyone find anything out?

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS.  MY CHEST ABOVE MY BREAST AND UNDER MY ARM AND IN MY UPPER BACK..  IT FEELS LIKE BURNING AND DULL PAIN.  THAN AGAIN IT IS SCARY TOO.  I ALSO HAVE ANXIETY AND I AM TAKING ZOLOFT AND ATIVAN FOR THIS.  
Pain over my left breast started just after I told a man I love very much that I was perfectly happy we were breaking up.  Doctors now diagnose something called "broken heart syndrome" where people that suffer a sudden loss can have a heart attack because the brain releases adrenaline and other chemicals that stun the heart.  I wonder if a less severe/less unexpected emotional pain can lead to this sort of dull ache in the arteries leading to the heart, ie, further to the left of the heart.  It seem logical to me that if the brain can suddenly release a lot of chemicals that shock the heart, it can also more slowly release chemicals that cause aching around the heart.  But I am absolutely not a doctor.  Anyhow, I'm happy to read what you all have posted, that people can live with this sort of dull ache above the breast, even if it isn't fun.  Many reputable doctors believe emotional health and physical health are linked, but this is definitely the first time my heart has literally ached after a break up.
I have this problem as well but it's above the right breast and in the right shoulder blade area. It feels like it goes right through from front to back. I first noticed it after I moved something extremely heavy, but  it doesn't go away. I haven't had a mammogram in years and it's scary. And the stress in my life is almost crushing - I wake up hyperventilating, but it's been that way for years. This pain is relatively new.
I have the same intermittent top left breast pain and was treated with anxiety a month ago. My case is very similar to Palla. I am getting married soon and faced alot of issues which made me emotionally drained. I like the naming of this (broken heart syndrome) as it meant exactly how I felt. I am fighting hard to make this pain go away and thought could happen through better emotional control. I read one book which certainly helped me - Destructive Emotions. From this book, I understood that buddists meditate and it brings them peace and calm which is the direct counter to destructive emotions (negative feelings). I also spoken to people from other religions, and found out that they pray and by doing so, they feel peace and calm. I am a free-thinker now, but I finally understand a little on why people turned to religion. I may explore this option if nothing else seems to work.
Pain on Right Side above breast.
Something is going on here and I don't think doctors know. I've have the exact pain as described by all of you.
I comes and goes and last for about 30sec. to a minute then go away.
It's a very sharp pain (resulting to putting you in a fetal position because it hurts so bad) in the upper right side just above the breast.
My doctor diagnose me with "Costochondritis" Here is a website to check the symtoms out. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

But I don't think this is it. It doesn't feel like a bone is affected at all, It's moreso in the breast itself.
I have the same upper left breast pain. (under arm pit)  I also feel it once and a while on the right side as well.  I just recently changed jobs and am experiencing a lot of stress.  Thought it could be a heart issue, however I'm only 34 and in pretty good shape. (Played high school sports as a kid)  After reading the above I've come to realize that the increased stress and anxiety (new job, new baby, etc.) may cause you to worry at little more that you should.  Getting older doesn't help either.