Pain when fingering or being fingered... PLEASE HELP!

I am still a virgin but have tried fingering a few times but it is always uncomfortable and I begin to get pain at the opening of my vagina. Recently my boyfriend fingered me and I did feel some pleasure but the pain was still very much there and lasted a few hours after. I was very wet, relaxed and he was not ruff, he had short finger nail and was gentle.
Is there something wrong? What could be wrong? How can I fix it?
Does anyone have any advice?
Thank you so much. xo
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, you probably still have your hymen and he is probably inexperienced and has no idea how to pleasure a woman. That combination means you aren't getting a lot out of this.  Fix this for the right reasons and not because you are 'supposed' to like it for this guy.  What you can do is explore your own body.  Once you discover what feels good on you, you can teach your partner.  Otherwise, he'll just keep jabbing and stabbing you s if that is sexy.  :>)  Nothing is wrong, but sex is a learning process and many get it way wrong early on.  Obvious things like lubrication and excitement matter.  So, explore, learn and let this come naturally over time.  good luck

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.