Painful sex and feeling of a barrier during sex post yeast infection

I am a 24 year old girl. I acquired a mild yeast infection in November 2012. I've been sexually inactive since October 2012. The last time I had sex with my boyfriend,we didn't face any problems. Since he was out of town and only returned this week, we had sex 3 days back (3 months after my yeast infection).But It felt as though my Vagina had tightened up, it hurt during sex and once he was inside a certain length it felt as though there was a physical barrier in there (he felt it too). As I am unmarried (and supposed to be a virgin) my Gyn gave me an oral pill to be taken once and  some cream to be applied on the infected area. The itching and burning immediately soothed out in a week. I'm really worried about this barrier I feel during sex.
This can be due to vulvodynia which can be due to many causes like persistent vaginal yeast infection, irritation to antifungal treatment , sensitivity or allergy to something touching the vulva, such as soap or bubble bath, a drop in the hormone oestrogen, causing dryness of the vulva, stress, lichen sclerosus or recurrent herpes simplex infection. Although genital warts don't cause pain, they can cause discomfort during sexual activity. So this also needs evaluation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the reply, I haven't had persistent yeast infection or any other form of allergies or infections of the vagina before. It was just this once. I definitely was under a tremendous amount of stress that day and the previous week. I'm hoping what I felt was a result of that. Thank you once again. Will keep you posted.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community