Pap smear

I just turned 40 and on my last pap smear endometrial cells were found. My doctor is not sure if it is because it was done very close to the time my period ended or it's something else. It is the something else that concerns me. I am to have an ultrasound at the end of my next period. My question is why? What is my doctor checking for? The nurse would not be specific.
sounds like he/she may not know themselves. i would keep the appointment though, and go from there. keep posting and keep us informed! i hope all is well with you. try not to worry too much. :)