Paraguard IUD & lower back pain

Hi.  I had a Paraguard IUD inserted in June 2006.  Since then I have had moderate to severe pain in my lower back EVERY night.  It doesn't bother me in the daytime but at night it gives me fits.  I have seen my chiropractor & my family doctor and neither can seem to figure out what is wrong.  Could it be my IUD?  I'm thinking of calling my OB/GYN but I am so tired of going to doctors!  Any advice?
that's sucks. you mean the IUD has been dislodged in your uterus? does it affect your chances of pregnancy in the future?
Sorry, I didn't wait for the other person to post. Yes, you have to check the string of the iud every month to be sure that it is in place. They can dislodge and travel. Depending where they end up, they can cause scar tissue and interfere with conceiving. Most dr's only put them in women that have at least one live childbirth for that reason.
luckly, mine did not affect pregnancy, i found out a few days ago that im preggo, i was so worried, but as the above poster said, its called preformation of the uterous, basically it pokes a hole or gets "logged" up in there, its very rare tho, and mine was only poking me a tiny bit, it was so painful i cant imagine what it would be like to have a complete preformation
just thought i should add, when scrolling down the posts i didnt completly read the title, i had the mirena, not the paraguard, i dont know how different they are
Basically the same to look at them but the mirena has meds (hormones) injected into in and paraguard is hormone-free. You still check for the string and make sure it's in place.
i had problems with my iud, my doctor was not so willing to believe me and had me keep it in for a month while i was having pain(i had sever left side pain) and he said the iud DOES not cause pain, well when he did in deed take it out, it was lodged up there and poking me in the left side, go figure, but i think you should see your iud doc and make sure its in place, can you feel the strings? my problem started when i could no longer feel them, hope everything goes well and your back feels better!