Pelvic Inflammatory Disease!

So, I just saw my doctor today because I was put on the Nuva Ring to try as birth control. But I noticed some discomfort and I took it out a few days ago. This morning, I woke up in blood. And it is not my period because I just had mine on Nov 22 til the 30th.
So, he now thinks I may have PID. I am not exactly sure what it is. Or how someone gets it. Or what to do! He put me on two prescriptions for it. But I am kind of panicking!!
Any one with any information on it would be great!!!
How are you? Pelvic inflammatory disease  or PID occurs when bacteria move from the vagina or cervix into the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, or pelvis. This an be attributed with infection, surgical procedures such as childbirth, endometrial biopsy, insertion of an intrauterine device (IUD) or miscarriage.  It usually presents with fever, pain or tenderness in the pelvis, lower abdomen, or sometimes the lower back, vaginal discharge with abnormal color, texture, or smell, bleeding after intercourse, irregular menstrual bleeding or spotting, or even painful sexual intercourse. Treatment is usually with antibiotics. This link may help: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001890/
Take care and do keep us posted.
I have tests run and my doctor isn't 100% sure if it was PID or not. I still have no clue if it was or not!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community