Period for 3 weeks!?

Hello, i am a 14 year old girl and iv had my period for about a year and a half. Lat month i had for period for 2 weeks and 6 days. Very very  Light the first week, than heavy for the rest of the time. This month for the first week my period was extremely light i figured because the month before i had it for so long however its been exactly 3 weeks now and it pretty heavy. Im not in any sort of pain though. I'm going to see a dr, but i was just wondering what the cause of this could be and what could be wrong with me? Im very nervous and i just wanna be prepared for what the dr says. Could this be normal ?
I wouldn't think there would be a major problem but it is great you are seeing a doctor anyway. Periods can sometimes last for a long time although I have never heard of one lasting longer than than three weeks before so I am not quite sure what the doctor will say but don't worry x