Period has lasted 12 days and cramping really bad on day 12

I have never done this so, here we go.  Normally, my period is like clock work and has been for as long as I can remember. I am 38 years old.  Last month my period was like 4-5 days late.  This month it was 3 days late.  It has lasted for 12 days now.  It has stopped twice now.  Today is day 12 and I am cramping like I normally do on day 1 or two.  My cramps had stopped until today.  My tubes were tied 10 years ago.  I know my body very well, but this is stumping me and I am scared really bad.  Has anyone had this happen before?
Have you talked to your doctor?
My mom developed fibroids before early menopause, your symptoms seem similar. Talk to your dr.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community