Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

Period is really irregular

Two months ago I switched from a triphasic birth control to a monophasic one with a lower dose of hormones. The first month I was taking them my period was normal, but after I started the second month my period got weird. My period started 2 weeks early (Oct. 6th) and nearly lasted for 2 weeks. Then it started again a week and a half later (Oct. 28) after I forgot to take two days worth of pills. I've now been on this period for almost 2 weeks again but this time it's been very stop and go. I'll spot for a day or two and only need a liner, and then it'll get heavy enough that I need a tampon for half a day, and then it'll stop for a day, just to start spotting again, and then it repeats. My period was never normal before I started taking the pill last year, but after starting it my period became predictable down to the day I would start and end, so I'm starting to get frustrated/worried with this change.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this?  I recently got off antibiotics around Oct 23, and I am sexually active, and I've read that both these things can affect it but I didn't think it'd be this much.
1 Responses
I should probably add that I'm 19
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.