Period problems!

I have a major problem.. Ive been on my period for about five months now.. It started with two months and it stoped for maybe a week.. probably not even that and it has been on since then! It shows no signs of stopping and its started to worry me.. Any suggestions other then go see a doctor.. ive basically realized that i should but i wanna see what people have to say?
You seem to be having the symptoms of menometrorrhagia.Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.I would advise an gynecologist’s evaluation and an ultrasound uterus to ruled out the above possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.