Period symptoms

Does anyone out there ever experience nausea when you get your period?  I never usually do, but my period started yesterday evening and last night I started feeling sick to my stomach.  Today I felt so sick in the morning so I staying in bed longer and felt better when I got up.  But now, this evening, I started feeling kinda sick again.... Just wondering if it could be from my period or if I'm getting a bug.  I'm 41 so I've had lots of periods...just not usually sick like this from it.
Thanks in advance for any input!
Nausea is a common side effect when you're menstruating.  I never used to get cramps for years until randomly out of the blue I got terrible ones.  It definitely could be from having your period, but you'll probably know shortly if it is a bug or not.
Can your cycle create indegestion later too? I've started experiancing that, but it happens the week before and the week after my period as well.
I'm 13, and I get nauseated very easily. I've thrown up about twice, in my shorts time or having a period.
I'm not sexual active, but I do come around to a now and then moment of my self time. (masturbation..?)
I don't know what exactly makes me feel so ill, but I do know that it's normal to have cramps an all, but I'm not positive on vomiting..
I'm just trying to inform you that your not the only one. Ive had this 10 times and about 6 out of 10 I've thrown up.
So if you've found anything out, please email me, at ***@****