Period

I'm 41 yrs old and my period has lasted over two weeks and my breast have been hurting too my normal period only last 3-4 days I have had a blood clot but haven't had one sense then my question should I be concerned about this please help
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I'd give your doctor a call and ask if they want to see you.  That is an unusually long time to have a period.  I'm not sure what the cause is and no one on the internet would be able to tell you exactly.  Hormonal issues, passing a cyst, fibroids are all possibilities.  Your best bet is to see a doctor.  

I wish you the very best of luck and let us know what happens.  also, make sure you keep up with your vitamins and especially make sure you do not get anemic.  peace
Definitely consult your GYN Specialist and have this further investigated.  I wouldn't take any supplements UNTIL you've consulted your GYN Specialist.

Was the clot a PE (Pulmonary Embolism) or DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)?
COMMUNITY LEADER
A good multi vitamin is a good thing for women to take.  Lots of luck dear
Thanks a lot the blood clot I wouldn't know what rather of those means sorry I go see a dr Monday for my shoulders i have a torn rotery cuff in my shoulders so I will ask him about this all I wouldn't know if stress would cause any of this or not let's say I'm nervous and scared at the same time thank you fir ur advise
With the blood clots I wouldn't know what or how to describe it sorry I have dr appt Monday for checkup on my shoulder I will ask then and thank u for ur advise as well
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, stress can have physical symptoms but I would not think an unusually long period would be due to stress.  Now stress CAN affect our hormones, so never say never.  

I do have a thought----  could you be pregnant?  Some women have spotting and such and that might be confused with a true period.  I'm just wondering because of the breast pain which is often an early sign of pregnancy.  

Anyway, I think it is best to schedule a gynecological exam with a doctor that specializes in that---  referred to as an ob/gyn.  Your doctor that takes care of a torn rotator cuff is probably a different type of doctor.  You want one that specializes in women's gynecological health.  

I'm sorry you are nervous and scared and can only say that I wish that were not the case.  Hopefully you will figure out why your period is longer than usual and there is an easy remedy.  peace and luck