Periods 4 days after last one ended

Hi.  4 weeks (my normal cycle is 28 days) after having a D&C I had my first period which lasted 4/5 days (normal).  However 4 days after my period ended, I have started bleeding again (another period, I presume).  Is this normal?  I have contacted my OBGYN but he is in theater the whole day and can only call me back tonight, I can't wait that long to hear any answers or ideas, its driving me nuts ( I had to wait 24 hours between contacting my OBGYN and hearing that I lost my baby) and I feel I just need to prepare for bad news if there is going to be any.
Sometimes periods can be irregular after D+C . They can be heavy, light or irregular. It should become better in the coming few cycles. If the irregularity persists then it could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated then to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks for the reply.  My gyne is not too concerned, and confirmed it was  normal to be irregular and was most likely to be hormone related,  but I do have a check up scheduled for Monday.  In the meantime, the second period was light and only lasted just over a day.