Periods after depo injection
I first started having depo injection in June 2002 with my last being in August 2005.  Since the end of January I have been having a very heavy period every 2 weeks.  My breasts have been very very tender to the point I can't sleep for about a week before my period.  Is this normal?  Should i go to my doctor?
Hey I just got on the depo shot like 4 days ago and I got sick out of no where . It is cause of the shot
I have been on the depo since September of 2010 and my periods stopped as soon as I got the first injection , I was due for it again in jan of 2011 still no period , when April came I was due for it still no period , so I decided that when i was due for it in july that I wasn't going to get it so I didn't , but I also still never got a period , so in September I decided to go back and get it I thought that it would make my period come back on , the first of November I had and allergic reaction to some meds called MAXALT-ALT for headaches I think all the medicine the put in my IV at the hospital counter acted to the depo and kinda made it stop working(SO GLAD IF IT DID) , during that week me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex 2 and 3 times a day trying to conceive (EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T HAVING PERIODS) do just last Wednesday November the 9th I started spotting , it brownish and today I am still spotting could this be implantation bleeding , im very tired and omg I eat so much , I have nausea just about everyday certain smells make me wanna throw up , I'm having headaches on the regular..could someone tell me what's wrong PLEASE
i need help answering questions on depo shots.i got my last shot in april 2011 and this is now november 2011 and i still havent had a period although i was on the shot for 4 years and had no symptoms at all i got off of it to hopefully consive a baby before i turned 30 but cant do that until i have a period. someone please help with these questions thanks
I have been on the Depo-provera for 10 years. I'm 27 now and have been married for 2 years. My next one is due on the 14th Feb 2012 the only time i have bleed was when I had cell's removed after another bad 'smear' test. I really want a baby my husband has 5 kids but we dont see them much (not out of choice!) Iam really scared now that I'm not going to be able to have a baby and wont beable to be the wife I want to be....

brighton, uk
Well I've been on depo shot for a year I stopped taking it on April and got pregnant on October when you start having your period again that's when u start ovulating and when u start ovulating then that's when you could get pregnant but every woman is different remember that. Hopes everything works out for you good luck!
Omg I was on depo  for 6 months "2 injectios" and it was due on July and I haven't got my period back now my Dr put me on bcp and I have weight gain and don't matter what I do I can't lose weight! I haven't got my period back is that normal??
Thank you for your insight it has truly answered my questions i went on the pill in may and didn't go back on it for the second injection because it was making me very moody and since i been off of it i have a non stop period it went away for a week and then i thought i was gonna go back to a normal period but then my period returned and had consistent since, it is driving me crazy i was actually considering going on the pill thinking it was gonna regulate my period but thanks to your info i have change that i am just gonna wait it out. I am sticking to condoms as well as soon as the period has stopped, thanks again :)
I been off the depo since nov 11 2011 so it about 3 week and 2 day last Tuesday was feeling sick but not being sick and lots of wind this didn't stop for until Thursday but slowing down friday my boobs was starting to hurt I don't know want it is and I haven't had a period for 4 months now. Done loads of pregnant test there said not pregnant but when I had my first child it took 3 Half months to show up.
God reading all these horrible stories i thought i would post my not so bad story and experiences of the injection... I got my injection when i was 15 (just to stop periods beacuse they did my head in) and i stayed on it until i was 19 and then after being my partner for nearly 2 years we moved in together and decided (knowing that it may take time for my cycle to come back) to come off the injection to try for a baby and so i came off injection and straight on the mini pill to bring a period back. I came off the injection in April 2007 and was pregnant in june 2008 and gave birth to my healthy little boy in march 09. I then went straight back on the injection after i had him. Since we have decided to try for baby number 2 so in january 2010 I never went back for my injection (i also avoided the other pills and decided i would naturally let me body get back to normal) Now in December 2011 i have my period back so and all seems good. Bit of cramping but nothing extreme so fingers crossed baby number 2 will soon be on the way... It isnt all bad people only really discuss it if it has done something really bad to them. One thing i can say which is the only side effect i have noticed is that i had no sex drive but since off it it has gone through the roof (which helps when trying for a baby :-) )  
I went on depo after my son was born and was on it for two years. I went away to study after that so I came off since I wouldnt be having sex with anyone but my husband.My period took 2 months to come back- when it came it came back it came heavy but for the normal 5 days. I went home for vacation 6 months later and went back on the depo. Returning to my study country I came off again. This time it didnt come for only one month, the other month it came normal BUT THE NEXT MONTH IT CAME HEAVY FOR TWO WEEKS! It only came for two weeks cause I stopped it by using the pill to regulate it. The following month it came normal and the end of november it HAS NOT COME! It is december and still hasnt come and instead I have a whitish discharge while I continue to feel that its going to come. Iknow I'm not pregnant cause I have had sex in months so it has to be the injection or something else. Anyone ever had their period start for a while( whether normal  or not) then stop- with discharge, after taking depo?
I love depo,will be 30 nxt yr and have 3 kids. Depo calms my mood swings,yes ive put weight on but come on its hard to keep slim as ur getting older with kids.u cant blame the depo for sharing kids meals n treats,its called been a happy mum just dont get greedy.yes I was slim and 9stone but now am abit fat at 11stone but my kids are happy and im a good mum.depo is good if it stops ur periods cos u dont have to worry when ur on the go with kids.and lets face it,wen u decide u want another child if it takes that bit longer to catch on atleast u have time to change ur mind instead of rushing into it.x
I have been on the depo since 2006 and I just got off this year 2011 and its been over five mths and I haven't had a period yet and I had went to the doctor and they said I'm not pregnant so and I was in the hosiptal for a month and a half and I was on all types of meds bcus I had a kidneystone but I dnt have it nomore and I haven't been back to the doctor since october and I don't kno what's wrong with me how long can u go without having a period being on the depo shot? and how long can it stay in your body?
hello kelli, i have those same problems but ive never gone off depo. ive been on it consistantly for about 3 years now and im just now having those symptoms. sometimes when im due for my shot i think im actually pregnant because my breasts get larger and tender and my lower tummy swells up and gets hard. it goes away after my shot but this last time it came back a week after the shot. im worried now since this has never happened. i am going to the doctor tomorrow for some answers. hope everything gets better for you. i know your pain
Hi i have just come off the shot after 20 years straight( long i know), and my last shot due was spose to be october this year 2011 i flagged it, then...dec 18th this year 2011 i have my first cycle which seems to be normal so far, as i can remember and with mild cramps, i am yet to finish this cycle first (3days to go), and hope to remain patient that nothing happens inbetween the time of next months due date from now other than conceiving that is, so i can determine wen i ovulate...thats the fustrating time when you want to try to conceive, anyway since coming off my last shot i started taking Mecafem Root Tablets from Peru that women may have heard of, i thort my hormones would be up the shoot from 20 prolonged yrs of being on depo.....i was sooo happy when i got my period almost like the feeling of knowing you are pregnant!, It does what it says that Macafem im sure of it and its all 100%naturall.
So just taking from your story, u CAN get a cycle after being on Depo so soon after and NOT have to wait 6mnths to a year, yet all women are different yes.

Was on depo shot for 3 years with no periods at all, last shot was nov 09 but didn't get a period until june 11. Was very worried as kept expecting it. As time went on, got more monthly symptoms and finally it appeared! Has been irregular since. What I would call a normal period each month, and usually a lighter period somewhere in between. Have been feeling so run down and tired over last 6 months was getting worried, but after reading all these comments do feel fairly happy that it is all depo side effects. Wish doctors would tell you about them as they weren't very helpful in the past. Wasn't looking forward to having to go and see them again :-)
Isn't it at least nice to know we aren't alone, even though we are all suffering these side effects??
I have been on depo for almost 10 years - and haven't had a cycle in probably 9 (which I have always been thrilled about). My last shot was about 2 months ago but this one seems to be different somehow. I gained about 15lbs in a few days (I'm 6ft so it's not as much as most women) but then I had a 24 cycle one time, It went back to normal and being gone and now I've had a light one almost two weeks. Should I be worried? I'm too shy to ask anyone I know and my next appointment is in a month. Anyone know what the deal is?? Thanks!

***@****
My period won't go away and I've only had 2 depo shots I last got it about 3 or 4 months ago and have been on my period the entire time since I got my first shot. What do I do?
I have been on the depo sot for about 5 years got off had my daughter. started taking depo again this time for about 10 years, got last shot in July. Started what i thought was a period 2 weeks ago very light spotting. Well started again tuesday last week, very heavy cramping so bad vaginal pain and big clots. I never had a period while i was on the depo shot. Lower back is killing me. Dont know what is normal or what is not. going on 7th day of period. anyone having the same symtoms???
ive been off the depo for about 3 months was only on it for about 6 months i still had no period and feel like my body needs one im having all theses symtons and feel contantly ill,i have really bad adnomal pain should i go to the doctors?
hi i was on the depo for nearly 2 years i came off it last april 2011 beacuse i wanted another baby i had 2 periods that lasted 5 days  but i decided 2 wait abit longer so i went back on it  october 2011 only  had the one shot then i started my periods december but they been late and lasting longer this month they were late and ive been bleeding for 9 days ive made appointment 2 see my doctor next week 2 have some test done iam really worrried theres somethink wrong or maybe its just somethink 2do with the depo the doctors didnt really give me an answer i was just woundering anyone knows about this sort of problem ther might of had aswell and what it could be
hi everyone i started the depo shot in july 8 weeks after my son was born ... i only had 2 shots was ment to go for my 3rd in october but wanted to try for another baby.... 4 months later on the 6th of feb i started my period ... quite heavy and alot of pain came along with it, but just as long as a usual period for me but now im worried i was a text book 28 day for my cycle and going by that im now 11 days late for my second period, or 8 days going by the longest cycle, im worried i may have problems.... or if im testing too early .. but the sensitive pregnancy tests "first respose" are showing a faint line indicating i may be pregnant i have took 4 of these and 2 were different types of tests and there all the same but when i try the clearblue or any others there saying neg.... can i really be pregnant this quick? it only took 4 weeks when i got with my partner to fall pregnant with my son could this be the same thing.... im so confused... but hoping were pregnant =D has anyone had the same or similar experience to maybe give me some heads up ? just cant get my head around it all
any advice would be great =) thanks for reading this... sorry to be a pain ....
I have been on depo for ten years. It was great for me being a sexually active teenager, not having to worry about forgetting to take a pill. I had no weight gain and immediately stopped having a period. I loved depo! But now i am preparing my body to have a family in the next couple years so i stopped depo about four months ago. Now i have extreme fatigue, sleeping up to 13 hrs a night and still needing a nap after work. I also am having bouts of depression, ill just start weeping, but tje next day im extremely happy and hyper. Im currently taking prenatals to help my body adjust easier (since depo is essientally tricking ur body into thinking its already pregnant).
i been on depo since dec 28th 2011. i will never take it again. i'm always thinking i'm pregnant and i been bleeding ever since with heavy bleeding and the blood smells so bad. i don't know what to do.
I have been off Depo just under 6months started my period on 14th march 2012 and I am still on it and it's been nearly 2weeks, is this normal? My breasts are very sore and have been since I come off Depo and I always feel sick, alot of headaches and not much appetite plz help
I have just gotten my 2 shot of the depo and I keep havin weird back pains and Prego symptoms but I'm not and I have brown stuff coming out its not thick like discharge tho and it's not constant flow like a period
i have had my first depo last sept. 2011 and my second shot last march 6, 2012..when will be my menstruation period back?help me please..thx
I got my first injection 1 week after having my daughter in Sept. 2010. I insisted on having it done at that time in fear I would become pregnant again. I regret ever getting the first injection. It takes 6-8 weeks to heal from after having a baby, I WAS STILL BLEEDING HEAVY 7 months later. It finally subsided for a day and came back for another 2 months!! I kept getting the shot because I thought that was just a side effect and that it would go away once my body got used to it. After the horrible heavy periods, I wasn't getting any for months in a row, I WAS SO HAPPY! lol. Then out of no where with no injections missed I got the worst back pain, stomach pain and vagina pain I have ever had and I even gave birth to my daughter all-natural! I could hardly stand up properly without having horrible pains. Jan. 2012 I stopped the injections, IM STILL BLEEDING. Its just the worst pains ever, my doctor chucked it off as ovulation and I shouldn't worry about bleeding even though I am using a tampon and pad at the same time and going through each in an hour. Plus, I wanted another baby, but from what I've been reading it appears my children won't have another sibling for the next possible two years!!
PLEASE DON'T GET THE INJECTIONS! ITS A TRAP!!!  
ALSO -
I thought I was doing great on my weight. I had my daughter lost 35lbs and got back to my regular weight at 130lbs. Now, having the injections - I've gone to 154lbs!! I'm 5'8" and shocked I have gained so much weight when I have not eaten anything differently and honestly my activity level has increased from having one child to two.
Depo = Bad
I have had my first depo shot 8 weeks ago Wich was a month after my son was born I got my first period fine but now I have missed one and not due for my merina until 27 th June I am very sexually active could I be pregnent
I started getting the depo last year and had 3 shots since then. I was supposed to get my next one July 2-9 but I didn't. I started spotting 2 weeks before I was supposed to get my next shot, and now it's the beginning of August and I'm STILL bleeding. Some days it's really light, other days I cramp and it's heavy like a normal period. I'm really irritable now, always tired (I suppose from the constant bleeding), and I feel sick and queasy a lot. I've been bleeding for 2 months now, help?
HI

I took my last Depo in Nove last year and didnt go back in Feb 2012. its been 7 months and i just got my period. However i hope its not like what others are going through and lastign months on end.

try and relax dont think about it. It took a funeral for me not to think about it
i went on the depo ijection in late January.  got my period of 3 months and on the 4th month had no period but I didn't go back for the 2nd injection, because of headaches, back pain and weight gain 12 kg in 3 months.
By the 6th month I got my period as it was before and then suddenly this month it came again after 4 days and is the heaviest period I have ever had in my life(age: 35).
I will never go back on depo, my advise to anyone considering it, read the pro and cons.
I been on depo since 2011 in its 2013 I missed my depo day which where the 25 of January. 2weeks pass by then I got on my period n its February 10 in I'm still on does that suppose to happen.
Hi Fellow Depo Provera Lab Rats.
I to was on Depo, i took it for roughly a year and a half.
I was due for my next show a week ago and i did not go because i do not feel like myself anymore.
I am allays nagging at everyone, headaches, random cramps, light headed, short with people. I just HATE it.
Not to mention i have been on my period for 5 weeks and going strong.
I am tired of it, i don't want to have sex on my period because i feel its embarrassing, but at the same time i want to.
I have been researching this for a while now and everyone who has quit taking the shot has had the same side affects. A NEVER ENDING PERIOD. I have only found a handful of posts from women who went back to a regular cycle. It is just a waiting game, but as i am very impatient, i want this to just go away and come back normal :)
Please and Thank you Mother Nature.
P.S I'm keeping the sanitary product company in business.
Please let me know if you have had any luck, or what your DC. Proscribed.
E-Mail me  ***@****
i had my second son in sept 2008 and got on depo shortly after ,I was on depo for 4 years, my last shot was in june  2012 , I was do for my next shot in sept 2012 and I didn't go, it took me 9 months to get my period and its a very,very light period.i have no cramps and I can barely tell im even having any bleeding.All this start yesterday, and when I woke up this morning I didn't see no blood and I wiped and I seen blood and the same thing happened all day today, didn't see anything tell I would use the rest room and wipe. I been looking on a lot of sites and no one is having same problem as me, everyone seem to have had heavy periods and a lot of cramping, not sure if this is normal r not thought id tell my side and if anyone has had this same problem like to know there story
Depo is good while you are on it but after mine wore off my periods have been terrible. When i was on it i had no periods and i did not become pregnant with unprotected sex. I was 15 when i got my first shot i recommend waiting until at least 17 until you get the shot bc teens shouldn't have to go thru what ive been thru. I have had unprotected sex 2 times after my shot wore off and i didnt get pregnant. depo is good while on it but terrible once your off of it and ive been off of it for almost a year now :/
hi, i had depo last july, jus had the 1 injection then came off it as wanted another baby, my periods came back in feb, i had 3 periods, feb, march and april but they've stopped again :/ my periods were around 6 days long but i also had light bleeding only seen when i wipe affter using the toile or after sext, just want my periods back to normal so we can really start trying!! nothing more annoying than thinking your periods have come back then they stop again! did a test after missing mays period and said neg gona do one this weekend after no period this month to be sure but not got my hopes up as iv read so mant bad things after having depo :(
What was the brand of BC pill you used that stopped "covered up" the effects of Depo.  I'm using TriNessa but its not helping and I'm going crazy!!  help
I just had my first shot and I got when I was on my period now it seems like its not stopping ugh and I wanna have sex but I can't stupid depo
Do you have a better chance of getting pregnant if you still had cycles while on the shot if you decided to discontinue to get the shots to become pregnant
I've been on the Depo shot for 15 years. Really no problems at all. no period, no PMS, I'm now 50 and had to get off pill so my body can go thru cycle. prior to going on it 15 years ago I had been on it for 10. Got off the shot to get pregnant again which took about 12m. So its been great for me. Pills aways gave me major headaches and bad moods. shot did not.
I am joes candra, I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.OSAUYI for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loosed my boyfriend, I required help until i found a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. Three days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 6 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.OSAUYI released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have share together. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.OSAUYI for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in any situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. ***@**** that is his email address bye
Hey my name is Tabitha I'm going thru the same thing, I got on the depo shot august of last year and I got my last shot in March of this year and haven't had a period yet, so I'm wondering as well where is my period, it's scary
I had one Depo shot as I didn't stop bleeding during it and it was quite frankly a pain to deal with especially when I went on it so i can have sex with my boyfriend without any hassle (HA that backfired) under a month after coming off the shot the spotting and bleeding stopped for good just before christmas 2014, and it was all fine until around the 20th Jan 2015, so 3 days ago I started a proper period, had all the before symptoms so i kind of knew it was coming, it seemed normal at first but this morning I'm pretty sure I passed my whole uterine lining in one go, this had never happened to me before and it definitely shocked me at the time, but then i read it can be birth control related as I didn't have a full on period for 4 months, it was just continual spotting. Sorry for the graphic nature of what I have said, has anyone else come across this after stopping any kind of birth control?
I got my first shot in July of '14 and my period lasted seven months, it went away for a week (thought maybe i was pregnant, but i wasn't) and now it's just gross brown discharge and a pressure / cramp sensation in my uterus. I don't know what to do, I've had three shots and am due for the fourth at the end of this month but this is nonsense, especially hearing these 'after' stories. I already have a thyroid hormone imbalance, I don't think my body will take kindly to weening off of depo after all of these stories. Oh boy...
I have useing depo in 2012 only  three shots have mess up my life.now I can't see my periods anymore since.what should I do?
I had the depo 1 time and bleed heavy the entire 3 months I never went back for my October shot. I got my period back on the 5th as scheduled. The  bleeding finally stopped. Now its November 18th and I had gotten my period 4 days late for a half a day no other period. Can I be preg?
I had an abortion then the depo jab it has run out iv come on bleeding is really light what does it mean as it not like a normal period