Please Read. Sensitive Clitoris and Swollen Labia

My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I’ve been on a yeast-free and sugar-free diet for 4 months (this diet seems to help- even though I keep testing negative for yeast. Besides loosing 10 pounds- this diet has been AWFUL!!)

I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but I haven't felt this as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist. It's very rare that I feel any  itchiness. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE THAT HAS A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and HAVE SIMILAR symptoms as me?

I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and ALL tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.)  I've taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything!

Is anyone else having similar issues??

you should ask your doctor about a clitoral hood infection. i had to see 3 doctors before a OBGYN told me it was that and they ended up having to cut me open and drain all the liquid out. I am having this problem again and the doctor now just gave me anti - bacterial medicines and then told me to go to the OBGYN again. My clitoral hood is sooooo swollen and my clitoris is hard underneath and feels like it is badly bruised to the touch. Hopefully this helps. :) My doctor said it was from like spa's or things like that. I went surfing and then it happend so I am thinking that it has something to do with that.
THANK  YOU for responding. I'm calling  my doctor today because I finished up the medicine she gave me and I'm still very swollen, the sensitivity went away but obviously having a swollen clitoris and inner labia isn't comfortable! I will ask her about that. However, for it's not the hood that really swollen, it's my inner labia. But my clitorus does feel very hard underneath the hood like you mentioned. As if it was eroused and stayed that way. My doesn't feel sore to touch but it doesn't feel normal either.

Questions: do you have the smemga (white stuff) built up underneath your clitoral hood?
Also, do you get little white spots under the hood? I thought it was apart of my clitoris but found out I can remove them, it's like a build up of some sort? It's like my glands aren't working properly or something and it's causing build up under my hood?!?! However, if I remove these little white spots, my clitoris swells and becomes sensitive for days before I feel better.

Hope to hear from you soon,

PC26
I just re-read what I wrote above- sorry for all the misspellings! I was typing a little too fast.
PC26...Did you recover yet? Im just wondering if it is gone away...?
No, though I tell myself everyday out loud I'm getting better very soon (positive reinforcement I suppose.) My specialist has ordered a Pelvic MRI for Dec.3. Hopefully that will show something- maybe a blockage of some sorts!! She also wants me to look up "persistant sexual stimulation" (engorgment of the clitoris- ALL the time) and see if the symptoms match mine- she said it sounds similar but she doesn't belive the inner labia would be swollen all the time- which mine are. Espeically the last 4 days. It seems the more the clitoris swells, the labia swell (which is technically what happens when a women is arroused- but not to this extent.)

I will make sure to post whatever results I hear back. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE: Nothing showed in the pelvic MRI, which in one way is good, but still frustrating that Doctors keep coming up empty handed. I researched "persistant sexual stimulation" and I definitely don't have that either. I'm still experiencing swelling in the inner labia. The sensitivity has definitely been reduced but some days are better then others still, as long as I don't wear underwear, wear loose fitting clothes and stick to the yeast free/sugar free diet (I definitley have learned to not deprive myseld fully, a little slip up here and there doesn't seem to do any harm and mentally it's helpful.) Weird thing I've noticed: having sex reduces the swelling- but only if I have sex every once in awhile, say once every 3 weeks seems to be helpful in my case. If I have sex more then that my clitoris and labia swell and become irritated. However, there seems to be some "release" that is needed by having sex every so often. I'm so sick of thinking about this and giving whatever "this" is my energy, so really the healthiest thing I've done is to just adjust my life to reduce sensitivity but never give this illiness any more thought then needed. I'm done stressing over it, it's going to leave me when it decides to leave me. I am confident it will subside fully one day, over the last 9 months it has slowly but surely gotten better.    
It sounds to me like you have a condition called Vulvodynia.  The symptoms initially are very close to a yeast infection and UTI, however Vulvodynia is not an infection.  Search it on the internet-If you have questions, let me know.  Unfortunately I am very knowledgable on the subject.  Best of luck :o)
I have similiar symptoms and was diagnosed with Vulvar Distrophy.  Ask your doctor about that.
i'm experiencing the same thing with my clitoris...sensitivity, white discharge, but also, pain during intercourse. I went to the docs and i was screened for stds and BV. All tests came back neg. I'm at a point where i want to go back and be screened for UTI and yeast. But i've had both before and this doesn't really seem like either, maybe a light version of the two combined??
i have similar symptoms. swollen clitoral hood and its hard and very painful to touch. i dont know how it came about as im a virgin. can someone please help. im only 16.
I have similar symptoms and have been seeing a specialist in Boston -Dr. Elizabeth Stewart. She actually wrote the VBook -check it out. Very useful book -the vulva/vagina encyclopaedia written in a very matter of fact fashion. At this point I am on Clobetasol (topical) and Nortriptyline (60mg)... I'm going to see Dr. S next week again and I'm hoping to get more answers but it doesn't really seem like there's much hope unfortunately.... The clobetasol seems to cause more pain for me and the meds are making it hard to get through the work day... Anyone else out there in the same boat? Burning pain, can't sit, can't run, can't have sex? Sucks. On top of all of this my husband and I were hoping to start TTC this year... Don't know how that's going to happen when we can hardly have sex... AND the nortriptyline shouldn't be taken by pregnant women...
Have you found out anything yet.  I have also been going through this for the past 9 months.  My clitoris is constantly swelled and peeling around it and sometimes I will get tears next to it which are very painful.  My doctor has tested me for everything and is at a loss.  Obviously sex is out of the question but my husband is being great about it.  I have been researching on my symptoms and came up with VIN which is a type of vulvar cancer.  I have an appointment Tuesday to hopefully explore this further.