Please help! Dealing with brown discharge

To give a little back story I an 22 and have generally always had somewhat of an irregular period, and about a year and a half ago I gave birth. So my problem lately is that I have been having brown discharge. My last period began the 22nd of March and was fairly normal. On the 28th of June I began having light brown discharge and thought this was going to be the start of my period. A couple of days ago the discharge turned to a darker brown and has continued to be that way today (July 30th). I have had some cramp like feelings and have had some pain during and shortly after intercourse. Also I just took a pregnancy test last night and it was negative.
I am not sure if these other symptoms are related or not but I have also been feeling nauseous, tired, and have had headaches. I am trying to get in to see a dr but I am on a wait list as a new patient. I would like advice to decide if I should just wait or if this sounds serious enough to go to prompt care or the er.