Possible Stuck Tampon

I started my period two days ago. I went to change my tampon (yesterday)though and this time I had spotting on my panty liner, there wasn't a string- I felt around and couldn't find it. My husband thought maybe I forgot to put another one in. I was pretty sure I DID put one in so, my husband freaked out a little and decided we had to check. He felt around but couldn't feel anything either. I am still bleeding and I am using tampons, comfortably. Should I still be worried. I change my tampons quite frequently b/c TSS. Would I have any signs to tell me if there is one lodged in my cervix without an embassing trip to the doctor for something I may have forgot?  
You can't get a tampon lodged in your cervix; the opening is way too tiny. And you don't have to worry about TSS, either; it is very, very rare. The rate of TSS in the US is around 1-2/100,000 women; only 112 people in the US contracted it in 1999. So you don't have to worry about that, either. If you're changing your tampon too often, i.e. before it's saturated, you can get pretty irritated...

But as for your 'lost' tampon, it's possible that it's slipped up behind your cervix. Or maybe you really didn't insert one, if neither you nor your partner can feel it. You could try bearing down while you feel around, but if you still can't feel it, you're probably fine. You could go to the doctor if you're worried, but if it were me, I just wouldn't worry about it. If you develop infection symptoms at some point, like a strong odor, discharge, etc., then I'd follow up.
I would still check with your doctor. But they say if a tampon is stuck in there you would get an oder in a few days....HOWEVER, I had a condom stuck inside me [and I had no discomfortment at all only until it came out I bled alittle] for 4 weeks. So be on the safe side, and check with your doctor.
This was on Oprah the other day.  As monkeyflower stated - it can't get thru the cervix but can get stuck behind it.  If you and your husband can't feel anything chances are you forgot to put one in.  I wouldn't worry unless you start feeling feverish, or develop an odor.
Well, last month i had my period and I had a tampon on. Well, I went to a party and my bf and I got drunk, and I dont know if we had sex or not. Therefore, I dont know if we had sex with the tampon, I cannot remember taking it out. Now , is time for me to get my period all over again, and I was having sex with my Bf and I bleed as if I had my period and now is gone. Can a tampon be stuck for that long inside? and what are the side affects besides of strong orders and such. Help am very concerned.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
okay..i got my period May 28 while at work on the most busy day of the week  i didnt go to work prepared so i used toilet paper instead when i got home i just put on a tamopn without even remembering the toilet paper until the next day...i tried to get it out but the darn toilet paper kept tearing appart i thought i got it all out but there was a smell like something died so i duched twice!!it was still there i could feel it with the tips of my fingers but couldnt get a hold of it i finally used those long q-tips success but now it inside burns and im worried about all the time it was there oh and on the last q-tip i think there was fresh blood
HELP ME...someone!
I had a tampon in today. I went to change it this afternoon and it wasn't there. I did have a bowel movement earlier. Do you think it could have fallen out then or could it have gone up inside. I have tried feeling for it and I haven't had any success.
Please or to view.
OMG, I had the worst discharge for the past week and was convinced that I had some terrible disease. I stupidly had sex with my boyfriend when I had a tampax in, it disappeared. I really thought it must have come out. I got the worst discharge ever, grey, watery and smelling of total bacteria, not fishy but almost like when you get your teeth professionally cleaned at the dentist, a plaque type of smell. For the first time I used a douche after the tampax incident and thought the smell must have come from the douche. I went to the doctors yesterday and she did a swab. She told me I had VB, which I was horrified about. She gave me cleocin ovules to use for three nights. I used my first capsule last night, happy to get rid of this infection. Anyway I have just been to the bathroom today and felt something coming out of me, it was the tampax from over a week ago. How is it possible that the doctor did not see it, or feel it, where did it go. It was shaped in a "u" shape, so I am wondering if it got stuck behind my cervix. I will use the rest of the capsules for the next two nights, but am horrified that this has happened.
Two things I would say is NEVER even had partial sex with a tampax in, it can obviously go and hide, and do not douche, I hope that everything clears up now. Should I go back to the doctor and tell her she missed it?
Please or to view.
I am almost fifteen but i think i done the same thing you did at school today. I am waiting for my mom to come home so i can talk to her. I have no idea what to do.
go to dr yes it is in there the same exact thing happen to me
Please or to view.
No results yet, looks okay though, like I just forgot to take it out, but my doc put me on meds for PID to be sure because symptoms are there.
If you bleed from your period does it mean you have a tampon stuck or nothing there ?
i just inserted a tampon minutes ago then i wasn't comfortable so I tried to pull it out. but i couldn't get it out because it hurts. what should I do? should I wait for 8hrs for the tampon to get soaked and then try pulling it out again?