Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Post-Surgery (cyst removed)

In Dec of 06 I had a very large 7.7 cm cyst removed from my right ovary. While they were in there they found another tiny one on my left ovary. I have a scar somewhat similar to a c-section scar. I have talked with women who have had c-sections and the only difference I have come to learn is that my ab muscles were actually cut in half while during a c-section the ab muscles are just stretched and spred apart. A friend of mine was told after her c-section to where this corsette/ace bandage kind of band around her waist so that her stomach would heal better. I was never given such a thing. My whole life I had a very flat stomach and now... 10 months after my surgery - I look like I'm pregnant. Did my stomach heal incorrectly and is there anything I can do about it now? I also heard that you are suppose to massage muscle tissue as it is healing - I know its probably too late for that but is that something that would have helped as well?
1 Responses
274158 tn?1276350787
I think even with a c-section, they cut the muscles, how else would they get in? I had surgery on my uterus and I have what looks like a c-sect scar too. Just exercise (cardio) and sit-ups should help. Just to let you know it took my body about a year to heal from the swelling from the surgery. I looked deformed in my tummy area for a while. Now it's getting better. So yours should too! I actually have had 3 surgeries through the same incision and my tummy is as flat as it was before. It might just take some time, good luck!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.