Pregnancy Symptoms but tests negative
I am having some symptoms of being pregnant(weight gain, breast swelling and tenderness, mood swings) but I have taken several tests that show negative.  Also, for the last 2 months my periods have been at least 4 days late and really light, and I am having discharge throughout the month.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 3 years ago, but since my surgery none of the dr's have been concerned.  I did have abnormal cells show up on a pap, but the biopsy turned out ok.  I'm not sure what the problem is, and I have sceduled an appt, but is there anything I can do until then?
Hey there everyone, I dont know what I'm thinking at the moment. This is all really new to me... I am in a serious relationship, I'm on the pill but I occassionally forget to take it. Me and my boyfriend are very active. My periods have always, always been late so I never suspect i could be pregnant. It sweeps thru my mind, but dont think anything from it. So anyway, I am always late with my periods but just recently, i got them on the right day, so i had them for 7 days. Then 3 days later, I started spotting. That lasted one day. And now, 2 days later, its back again. What is this???I have never been pregnant so I have no idea but surely, this has nothing to do with pregnancy because i do have symptoms pf pregnancy? But I am spotting, so whats that? Please someone, dont ignore me! I'm a 19 year old girl whos got no one to talk to here. Someone, please. Help me understand what my body is doing to me!!!
Ok everyone. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant with our second baby. I am two days late and still havn't started. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests which both say negative. With my first child I took one of those stupid early pregnancy tests (the ones you can take 3 days before your missed period) and it came up negative. I then took one at my Obgyn's office the day my period was supposed to start and it was negative. My doctor advised me to wait 3 days and to test again. I did and it was finally positive. The one thing I noticed when I finally tested postive was that there was a noticable difference in the way my urine smelled. My mom (who's a nurse) told me it was the pregnancy hormone's finally in my urine. The doctor also advised to test early in the morning because that can be your strongest time of day. If you drink a lot during the day your urine will get diluted. But for some of you it seems unbelievable to be testing 2 weeks after you have missed a period. I think you need to get a blood test.
Hello I am 22 years old and just gave birth to my first child this past March. She is now 7 months old, and I fear that I maybe pregnant again. I am now 13 days late, and have taken 4 home pregnancy test, but they all keep saying negative. I have a normal 28 day cycle, and have never missed a period, except when I was pregnant. I read that it could take up to 4 weeks to get a possitive result on a home test, and that blood work can sometimes show a negative result, and you still be pregnant. Is this true. Has anyone else had this experience, and if you have what did your results turn out to be??
Hello..new here and as many others am waiting.  I am now 12 days late and have taken 3 urine tests...all neg.  I have always been very regular and know when my cycle is going to start every month.  The only other time I have been late was with my first preg 2 years ago, but then I had a positive test 3 days late.  I guess my advice is what I need to do...blood test.  I would be very happy to have another child.  Any other thoughts?  THX
I had the same experience.  I felt like I was pregnant but everytime I took a pregnancy test it was negative.  I called my doctor and he made me come in for a blood test.  Later that night I called for the results and I was pregnant!  At my ten week appointment we found out I was having twins.  SO if a urine test couldn't pick up two babies I wouldn't always trust them!
Good Luck!
Could i be pregnate? I'm always very sleepy. Nausea, dizzy, i fainted sunday night, can't concentrate..but i've had my period for 3 weeks in a roll. Whats going on?
im very confused,, we just started to try to have a baby and 4 days before my period was set to start i started having tenderness in breast and urinating more often. I took a test, it showed negative, i then started light spotting, me thinking i was starting my period, but the spotting has stayed the same for 5 days.. very light which is no like my period.  should i be taking another test????
I seem to be in the same boat.  Period is 2 days late, having multiple symptoms, and we are trying (so it would be a joy if we were and I can't stop thinking about it).  I am concerned that it may have been a cyst that caused the symptoms and now the delay in my period though, because I had relatively sharp discomfort in my left side (near my ovary) that got progressively worse over a few days and the just stopped three ago.  Has anyone had this happen?  

I have a Drs appointment tomorrow and will have a blood test then.  What a bummer if we're not.

so i read over everyones comments and reading what all ya'll have to say gave me enough guts to put my dillema up on this thread.  

it's been i guess a month and a half since i THINK i may have gotten pregnant. ive always been around 120 and if i ever gained any weight it was five pounds and i could get rid of it without any trouble. well over over the course of october i noticed i was increasingly more and more hungry. i used to be satisfied with eating once or twice a day and now it seems like im constantly hungry. i gained about 15 pounds in four weeks, which to me is a shockingly short amount of time to gain so much weight. my abdomen potrudes out and is hard not flabby feeling.  my breasts are tender similar to everyone else not to mention they've gotten massive! haha. pants that use to fit loosely i find myself FORCING on now-a-days. i feel naseous when i smell certain smells. i am constantly tired.  

the reason im so perplexed is because i took a pregnancy test in mid october right when i first started notcing my abdomen changing shape and the result was negative. so i just started dieting and excercising. well around the beginning of november i had seen absolutely NO results and my abdomen had gotten bigger. so i took yet another test that was also negative.  i had my period in october but it was only a few days and im two days late now.  im really frustrated and confused and to embarrassed to go to a doctor and have them just tell me im fat! haha.

are these symptoms similar to anyone else? ive never been pregnant before so im not sure if im just being paranoid about gaining weight.

thanks!
I am about 10 days late, and when I was only 3 or 4 days late I tested negative both with urine and blood.  I have 3 children so I know what it feels like to be pregnant.  I have symptoms of pregnancy, but with negative tests, don't know what to think.  Will test again tomorrow since it's been about a week.  Have any of you with this experience ended up being pregnant after all?
Thanks!
Hello everyone,

It seems everyone is posting their stories, but hardly anyone lets us know if they were pregnant or not! Don't forget to tell us your news, lets try to help each other by leaving follow up (even if we didn't get a positive result.) It really will help people through the tough waiting period.

Here's what happened to me (I hope it will help someone) I had sex 4 days before I ovulated (I had cramps so I knew) 4 days later I spotted a light red/pink blood for around a day (not enough to warrant using a TP or towel, I only noticed when I went to the toilet) It was too early and too light to be my period so I prayed to God it was implantation bleeding (my husband is near sterile and after 6 failed ICSI's and 9 years of infertility = I didn't hold out an ounce of hope.) over the next few days my breasts started to feel very heavy and swollen (like they were bruised) my nipples did not hurt or enlarge, nor did they change colour. I also passed out/fainted halfway through the day on day 26 of my cycle, I also had slight 'sicky' feelings, I also had hunger pains all day everyday, I'm a size 2 and don't eat that much so that was unusual, my other symptoms were: weird moods, sometimes I'd cry for no reason or feel elated for no reason and my mood could change from one to the other in a matter of seconds, I also 'felt' pregnant and kept dreaming of cots, my need to wee more started on day 29 of my cycle (I have  a regular as clockwork 32 day cycle) By this time I was secretly thinking "O.H M.Y G.O.D... we've done it, we're pregnant" but in the next breath I was telling myself "Don't be stupid, the doctors told you have more chance of winning the lottery than conceiving naturally) So I waited in total anguish for my AF to arrive, day 32 came and went.... nothing... no bleeding, just slight cramps in my lower back and a 'tight' feeling in my lower tummy (no bloating, just tight) so on day 33, 1 day after my missed bleed I took a 'clear blue' early detector test, it was (as I feared) negative, my husband and I sat together holding that test willing it to turn into two blue lines for over 15 mins, when it didn't we just held each other and cried (you never give up hope you see, even when there isn't any to begin with, you always pray for a miracle) So I just carried on with my life for the next week, but I still had this 'niggly' feeling that I was pregnant, the symptoms were all still there and my AF had still not arrived - so I took another test - negative again! I kept telling myself "why are you torturing yourself like this - you're not pregnant - it's not possible" even so I bought a pack of 15 tests and tested every other day for the next 12 days, all negative.

A day before my next AF was due I passed out again, I woke up shocked to find I was in the hospital (I'd been out for half and hour due to low blood pressure) I told the doctors about my concerns over my missed period so they took me for a scan to see if they could see any abnormalities...

I didn't look at the screen as I was scared of what I'd see (I'd imagined some cancer or tumor)

Take a look at your new baby said the doctor... there on the screen as clear as day was a little sack with my longed for baby tucked neatly and safely inside... I cried and cried with happiness and could barely tell my husband the news through my tears - we had been given a miracle. I am now 4 months pregnant and our little girl is doing well and my pregnancy has been like clockwork.

So basically I was almost two months pregnant and still getting a negative test result on one of the best home tests available. So my advice would be... don't trust them 100% go and see your doctor and get a blood test, and YES you most definitely can still be pregnant with a negative test - I an d my unborn daughter are living proof of it.

Good luck everyone - miracles really do happen :)
Congratulations, Baby Dust!!  That's great news!

I, too, have been experiencing the same issues as everyone else as far as the HPTs are concerned.  So far I've taken 14 (I should have stopped at 3, but I'm compulsive) and all have been negative and yet I'm without my period for 2 months.  I had VERY slight bleeding a few weeks ago and the only thing I can think of is it was implantation bleeding.  I was pregnant before and had all the symptoms...breast tenderness, swelling, cramping, nausea, etc...but unfortunately I miscarried.  This time, however, I'm not sure I'm pregnant.  The breast tenderness comes and goes.  I get cramps here and there, but it's nothing like when I was pregnant before.  I suppose what I should do now is go to the doctor and get blood drawn.  

I'm so glad I stumbled on this forum!! :)
Hey everyone, My name is Emily. I am 21 years old and a nurse. I have a lot of information i can share with you and if you have any questions regarding anything I don't touch on you can feel free to e-mail me at ***@****... I am not a doctor so don't take my advice as fact necessarily. But I have worked in labor and delivery and know a lot about this. First of all at home pregnancy tests are actually pretty accurate, it's your body that may be tricking the test.. pregnancy tests measure a hormone called hcG.. your body makes this hormone when you are pregnant but the amount and time it makes it in is different for all women.. the at home tests can only detect when it is at fairly high levels and may be able to read it as soon as a few days before your period.. however the blood tests can detect hcG even if it is at a low level.. when you take a urine test you want to take it in the morning, or your first pee because subsequent urination may be diluted a bit. There really aren't very many early signs in pregnancy. Your breasts shouldn't hurt until a few months into a pregnancy, however they can hurt about a week before you start your period also. Nausea and vomiting usually occus in the 2nd month, frequent urination doesn't usually occur until later in the pregnancy when the baby is big enough to put pressure on your bladder, also you can't feel a baby moving until about 20 weeks (5 months) into the pregnancy and this is called quickening. I can't remember what else there was that i wanted to comment on.. but i may post another after i look over your comments again.. hope this helps!
Reading a lot of the posts here, I realize one thing: we are all here with one goal and that is to hold on to our hope, whatever that is!

I've had 2 babies and trying for third.  With the first, it was first shot, bright red positive, the very first day my period was due.  With the second, 8 mos of ttc, 1 miscarriage at 6.5 weeks, 1 late period (& broken heart) at 5 weeks.. I almost started to believe I can never get pregnant again and then we did.  This time around (maybe becos I'm generally not so stressed any longer) in the first month of trying (and we said, no forcing, let us let it happen whenever.. becos I don't mind a longer gap between the 2nd and 3rd) but here we are!  I'm late by 6 days, and 5 weeks and no signs of period.  Very very hopeful signs of elevated progesterone (boobs tender, but not so much, just like I was with my II pregnancy; exhausted like I'd been ploughing all day or something like that, only on some days - this particular one, I only ONLY EXPERIENCED during 'real' pregnancies; I could 'sense' my uterus being busy or feeling different like when I'm gasy; and really really achy on my right pelvis area, sciatic pain along my right leg, and bad low back pain.. sometimes, even like the pains I get during mestruation!  Now this one, I would have suspected except that I had the EXACT same pains with my II pregnancy even before I found out we were pregnant.
Hence the hopes.  Yet still testing negative.

Another poster had mentioned it would be nice if people came pack to post if they in fact tested positive (home tests or thro the doc)

I have to make a mental note to do that myself.  Becos, we all seem to flock here to find strength and hope during the horrible waiting time, but I tend to forget once we are at the point we hope to reach soon - to come back and to let the rest of us know.
IT IS SUCH A RELEIF TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE FEELING THIS WAY.  I'VE BEEN BEATING MYSELF UP THINKING IM CRAZY OR STUPID TO BELEIVE I'M PREGNANT THOUGH A TEST TELLS ME OTHERWISE.  MY LAST AF WAS 10/27.  MY HUSBAND AND I HAD SEX ON 11/10 & 11/11.  I THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT UNTIL I NOTICED PINK TINGED MUCUS WHEN I WIPED MYSELF A FEW DAYS LATER.  THAT LASTED FOR 3 DAYS THEN DISAPPEARED (NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE).  I THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T BE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING BECASUE IT WAS TOO SOON.  I THOUGHT OMG TUMOR OR PID SO I WENT TO MY GYN AND OF COURSE IT WAS GONE SO SHE DIDN'T SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.  PAP CAME BACK NORMAL.  SHE ASKED DID I THINK I WAS PREGNANT AND I TOLD HER THE TRUTH WHICH WAS I DIDN'T THINK SO BECAUSE I WAS CALCULATING WRONG AND THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO OVULATE THE WEEK BEFORE.  I HAVE A 28 DAY CYCLE AND SO SHE TOLD ME IF I DIDN'T GET MY PERIOD NEXT WEEK TO COME BACK FOR A TEST B/C I MIGHT BE PREGNANT.  

THE WEEK OF, I FELT VERY EMOTIONAL AND CRIED OVER EVERYTHING AND HAD CRAMPS AND BACK PAIN FOR ABOUT 3DAYS, I SWORE AF WAS COMING.  WELL, THE 23RD CAME AND WENT AND STILL NOTHING.I TOOK AN EARLY HPT ON MONDAY 27TH AND SAID NEG. AS I EXPECTED.  SO IM THINKING IM CRAZY BECAUSE I FEEL VERY MUCH PREGNANT.  I HAVE A 61/2YR OLD DAUGHTER :) AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS WHICH AREN'T DRAMATIC BUT NOTICABLE. I'M QUEEZY ALOT AND CAN'T BRUSH MY TOUNGUE BUT NO VOMITING LIKE WITH MY 1ST.  I KNOW MUCH CAN BE EXPLAINED BY PMS BUT I'VE BEEN "PMSING" FOR 2 WEEKS NOW.  I HAVE SLIGHT CRAMPING EVERY NOW & THEN AND I FEEL LIKE I PULLED SOMETHING IN MY RIGHT LOWER ABDOMEN.  I ALSO HAVE THAT PULLING FEELING ONCE AND A WHILE FROM MY BELLY BUTTON DOWN.  COULD IT BE MY APPENDIX?

I HATE FEELING LIKE THIS I WISH I KNEW FOR SURE WHETHER I WAS OR NOT.  I FEEL LIKE IM CRAZY EVERYTIME A TEST COMES BACK NEG. BUT MY BODY TELLS ME YES. MY STOMACH IS VERY BLOATED.  I LOOK PREGNANT WHICH WOULDN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHOWING THIS SOON.  IM THINKING ALL KINDS OF THINGS ARE WRONG WITH ME (TUMOR, GALLBLADDER, APPENDIX)

I WILL TRY ANOTHER TEST THIS WEEKEND, HOPING I JUST TESTED TOO SOON.  GLAD TO KNOW THAT IM NOT ALONE :).  GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
I found this forum of such help last week (so helpful to know others are going through the same thing) that I thought I'd write back to say what happened in my case.

I was convinced I was pregnant - I was four days late, with incredibly (for me!) large breasts, which were different from normal periodic breasts.  I am usually regular as clockwork, apart from during the holidays with that change of routine.  And a sudden interest in patchwork also gave the game away...

But I was testing negative.  I read your forum and several people said they were off to the doctors so I took myself off to an appointment.  The doc said I could only wait and test again (she suggested a week), but although not having seen it an awful lot, did know of someone who had never tested positive during her pregnancy (I think it's only the first trimester that the hormones are meant to be present).  She didn't test me again, as said that the tests available in shops were probably even more reliable than the ones she had.  She also thought that six days late was probably still quite early really.

I suddenly stopped 'feeling' pregnant when I was about a week late, and the next afternoon my period started.  However, the next evening, I started bleeding like crazy and great lumps of something you might find at the butchers started appearing in my mooncup. (An exaggeration - 'great lumps' meaning perhaps 3-4cm in diameter.)  I phoned my mum (a nurse) and she said it sounded like a miscarriage, and I should eat iron, walk around, massage my tummy, but generally take it easy and go to the hospital if I felt any pain.

She was also very helpful in telling me about her own experience: before she had me (I am the eldest) she had at least two miscarriages.  In her case, her pregnancy only 'stuck' when she felt 'as sick as a parrot' - this is presumably the point at which the pregnancy hormones kick in and it is for these that the pregnancy test is looking for.  This by no means is going to be the same for everybody - evidently, some never have high enough hormones to test positive.  In my case, though, I think it meant my body was trying to be pregnant but not quite succeeding.

Apart from feeling a little anaemic, I am quite pleased that everything's working, and that my instinct for feeling pregnant is correct.  I will try try try again! And I won't take a pregnancy test until I'm late AND feeling ill.  (I might not keep to that promise!)
Hi, I am from Australia and my husband found this site a few days ago when I was testing negative but had all the pregnancy symptoms.

My usual cycle is about 26 days and silly me did a test on the 26th day as I was sure something was going on. I had been moody, had slightly bigger boobs, was really tired and actually sleeping in the middle of the day, needing to urinate all the time and the test was negative, so we found this site and had some hope.

Today was day 30 and still no period this morning and I had read that with testing early, the hcg levels can sometimes be low, so decided to do another test when I first needed to go to the toilet thismorning. Still negative and still no period. Carried on the day as normal still with pregnancy symptoms, then bang, along comes my period. I was devastated and cried as I wanted it so badly. I think because I was thinking about getting pregnant and wanting it so much that my mind and body decided to play tricks on me. So now the best thing for me to do is to try to forget about getting pregnant and focus on myself and to enjoy the summer that is starting here. Maybe then I will get pregnant when I am not so desperate for it. I have a beautiful little boy who is 15 months old and a wonderful husband so they will be my main priority from now.

Good luck.
Hey Everyone,,, I just stumbled upon this site.. i have been searching the net for days ...

I to like many of you am 2 and a half weeks late.. not really to many symptoms though... everynow and then i feel nausous.. i have gained a little weight,,,, and well of course no period,.. i have taken 3 HPT's and to my dissapointment all negative..

I recently had an etopic pregnancy that had me depressed for weeks. i was Two and a half months pregnant with no systems at all, except the occasional, cramping and longer periods.. which lead me to the doctor and emergency surgery...

I am scared that this is possibly happening again... Please Help any answers would make me feel so much better..

chicana_101
Hi, i just thought i would and give some hope! My sister was 2 weeks late on her period and had been taking pregnancy tests through out the past three weeks and of course they were all negative! about a week later she went to the doctors and that mornng they gave her a urine test and it came out negative but she was relutant so they gave her a blood and of course that showed she was barley pregnant. she didnt understand how because she would have been seven weeks pregnant so the doctor explained that  she had low HCG levels and that not all women even start producing high enough levels untill there 8 week pregnant to get a postive test of any kind.My sister now has a healthy 8 month old son who never takes NOT pregnant for an answer. good luck hope this helps.
Okay, here's my dilemna. My husband and I have been trying to conceive over the past month and a half. I have been nauseous for days now, bad headaches, lower back pain, exhausted but unable to sleep without waking up about 4 or 5 times a night, heartburn, you name it. Today my breasts started to feel a bit sore, and over the past two days I have been very emotional. I took a home pregnancy test yesterday, an expensive digital one, and even though it said to wait three minutes for the result it came back in about 30 seconds saying "pregnant." Of course I'm ecstatic, because it was obvious due to the symptoms I'm experience. Here is the kicker: I went to my doctor's office this morning, they did both a urine test and a blood test and they both came back negative. What??? I am more than disappointewd, but I thought you don't get "false positives" on your home pregnancy tests, only false negatives. I've read a lot of the other posts here and some women have stated that even though the tests kept showing negative, they knew that they were, in fact, pregnant.

I had my period on Oct. 21, but possibly could have conceived about a week or two before that as it was during my honeymoon (go figure). I am also having some cramping, bloating and a bit of gas in my stomach and up towards my rib cage which doesn't usually happen when I'm expecting my period. Is it possible that you could take a home preg. test and have the one at the doctor's not show up positive? I am a mess right now, not knowing is the worst part.

Do I wait another week and test myself again?

Thanks for any help, please let me know if you went through the same thing.