Pregnancy and Provera

I'm on my 3rd day of taking medroxyprogesterone because I haven't had my period. I'm almost 40 years old and have had 4 consecutive miscarriages. I worry that if I am pregnant, will the medicine help or cause harm? The only reason I ask is because my doctor didn't do a blood test and my urine test(from past pregnancies) don't even show up til I'm in my 2nd or 3rd month of pregnancy.
Get your serum HCG levels checked to rule out any pregnancy as medroxyprogesterone has been assigned to pregnancy category X by the FDA.. Animal studies have revealed evidence of teratogenicity. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy but is contraindicated in pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.