Pregnant and tanning beds

Is it ok to still go to the tanning bed when you are pregnant?
I would have to say no.. If you are pregnant you need to talk w/ur doctor about stuff you can & cannot do if you havent already done so.
I would say no as well.  I would rather go to the beach or just layout and get sun rather than tan not really knowing if it is harmful to my baby or not.  I also read that your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy so when you go out in the sun or tan you are more likely to burn being in the sun for an hour rather than it taking all day.  I know this b/c I live in Florida and it has been really pretty here lately and so I have gone to the beach several times.  I tan really well, but now I burn.  I usually stay out in the sun all day and don't get burnt, but now I can only stay for one hour and I get fried.  So if I was to go to the tanning bed I would fry just being in there for 7 minutes.  If your doctor says it is ok and you feel that you need to then do what you want, but my best advice would be to wait until your not pregnant and get sun from being outside working in the yard or sitting on the porch!  Good Luck!
I would say no as well. I've NEVER seen a pregnant woman go into a tanning bed before. Not for sure if it hurts the baby, it just looks bad. You could use all natural selftanning stuff. I get spary tanned about every two weeks. I checked with my Dr. cancerning what was all in it when I was pregnant and he gave me the ok. Just do some research.
well, i did a search on it and it took me to this website where dr's are commenting on stuff like that and they said that there's nothing wrong with it.  it can't hurt the baby but not to get too hot.  it also said that there is more risk with the self tanners and all because some can be absorbed in the skin and into the placenta.  I just thought I'd see if anyone else had heard anything on it or had any comments on the subject to make.  I burn real easy in the summer so i usually start going this time of year to my friend's house to get a tan started.
I also read that it's fine, just don't get too hot. I also read that towards the end it isn't a good idea, because you'll be so big. BUT it's best is to ask YOUR doctor BEFORE going tanning. Every dr and every pregnancy are different. Good Luck!
I would have to say NO as well. If it is somewhat harful to you, then it could potentially harmful to your baby. No tan is worth that.
Well, I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and I still tan.. It's not like you're frying your insides it's just skin.. I keep the fan on high and use the really good tanning lotion to get a better glow. I go about 3 times a week for 15 min. Sometimes I get too hot, so I get out early.
Sure it drys your skin out, but I'm a moisturizing freak so I dont notice a difference.
:-)
is all of that necessary for the sake of your unborn child your not pregnant forever instead of the what ifs just dont do it its not worth risking your baby for if something did happen you would live with the guilt all your life for a silly sun tan!!!
The only reason I was wondering was because of the way I burn in the summer.  And I'm always by the pool or outside so I just wanted to see if anyone tans while pregnant.  here is the website for the article I read on tanning while pregnant  http://www.pregnancylounge.com/tanningbed.php if anyone is interested in reading it. Thanks for all the input!
oops a daisy! i posted in the wrong one. i meant to answer aruba417 question about that is myth/fact in pregnancy. i must need another cup of coffee!  sorry!
I would have to say no. If they say no to hot baths how is tanning ok? Don't even risk it, I don't think they've done enough studies to know if it's ok or not. Use a self tanner that's safe during pregnancy. We always want to look good and tan, but when you become pregnant and become a mommy there's alot of things you have to give up!! You're going to lose that tan anyway, for 6 weeks you're pretty much going to be tending to the new baby and of course not going to be able to take baby to the tanning bed with you!! Just wait until after you have the baby!