Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

Pregnant immediately after iud removal?

I have had the mirena iud in for 2 yrs and 9 months, i had no period, just spotting every once in a while and sometimes spotting after sex, recently march 3rd i was bleeding heavy with clots for 5 days, wouldve been my first period on mirena if that counts as one, i counted it as my period and used an ovulation calendar to determine id be ovulating march 14 till fri the 19th, well it happened to be my mirena was scheduled to be removed yesterday the 16th on day 2 of possible ovulation, i had sex monday the night before, now ive read that if you have sex right before removal if your also due to ovulate the sperm can survive and you can become pregnant immediately, my doctor told me removing the mirena automatically makes you almost immediately able to become pregnant with any sex, and she prescribed me prenatal vitamins just in case pregnancy occurs, i havnt had any bleeding yet since removal or even spotting, but i just got it removed yesterday and i read some woman bleed 2 to 3 days after removal, im curious to know if i can be pregnant already and if this has happened to anyone else... Please help with any info. Thanks
0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.