Pregnant since when ?

I found out that I am pregnant by having some pregnancy tests done between May 31 and June 3.

Before that , I made love with my boyfriend on May 19.
This was the first day after my last period ended.
My last period started on May 13.

Could I have gotten pregnant on May 19 ? It was only the 6th day of my cycle , so it seems too early ( ?).

Before that , I made love on May 12 and 13 .

The first day of my previous period was April 19.

I made love on March 29 ( my period which had started on March 24 had already ended ).

I have hyperthyroidism and my periods are usually quite short ( 4-5 days ).

When do you think I became pregnant ?

The only way to tell would be an early ultrasound. While most women ovulate somewhere around day 14 of their cycle, it is possible to ovulate earlier or later in the cycle. Sperm can live anywhere from 3-5 days in your body, so it is possible that the egg was fertilized 3 days after the sexual encounter.

Again, my advice would be to get into the the doctor and see if they can do an ultrasound to help get a better handle on the dates. The sooner the better as they will also want to evaluate any meds you may be on.

Andrea

In general you will ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last normal menstrual period.  HOWEVER-many things can affect this, and you may have ovulated soon or later than that. If your cycles are short, you could have ovulated sooner. It may not be possible to pin it down to a certain date of conception, if that is what you are asking.

Best thing to do is to go to your OB begin your prenatal care as soon as possible.  The best dating for your pregnancy will be by an ultrasound that is done very early in the pregnancy.
Thank you so much for the input !
if I got pregnant on March 29, is it possible that my periods still came twice afterwards : on April 19 and on May 13 ??
While there are always exceptions to the rule, you can't actually have a period while you have an intrauterine pregnancy. However, some women have spotted during their pregnancies and have mistaken it for having a period.

Now, I have been pregnant 6 times, and the only time I have spotted was when I was losing the pregnancy (4 of my 6 pregnancy's have ended in miscarraige). Again, some women will spot throughout their pregnancy.

Definitely schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can to get everything looked at and possibly and ultrasound to determine how far along you are.

Good luck!
Andrea
Thank you ( again ) for the input !
My last two periods really looked , and lasted, like my regular periods ( and came at about the expected dates too).
They did not look like spotting at all.
So, I guess I must have gotten pregnant after my last period, in May. What do you think ?
I am traveling abroad right now and can't got to my Doctors for the next 2 weeks, so your answer would be appreciated.
( I am trying to figure out who the potential father may be !!!).
fax--that's what I thought you might be getting at.

All I can tell you is--generally you will ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.  If you consistently have shorter cycles, you may have ovulated a few days sooner than that, or maybe not. Some women with short or irregular cycles can ovulate at off times.
To complicate things, sperm can live in the female genital tract for a few days.  

So I don't know if your question is going to be answered before the baby is born or not.  Even a doctor won't be able to tell you to the day when you got pregnant.  So if the dates are fairly close together, you will have to wait and see with a paternity test afterwards.  

I wish you luck in your situation.