Pregnant?

Hi everyone. I've been having some issues lately I'm hoping to get some advise on it. I'm 27 yrs old and have never had kids. I haven't had my period since dec 2011. All urine tests come up negative for pregnant. I had a blood test done early feb and it was negative. But the thing is is I keep gaining weight. I've been the same weight since middle school and in the last 2 months I've gained 10 lbs. Also my breasts have been extremely tender and getting bigger. I have lower back pain. I went to the doc this morning and she wanted to give me a hormone to jump start my period but I declined. She told me if I don't get my period after another month then she will do an ultrasound. Do you think I could be pregnant with all the negative results or does this seem more like a hormone issue?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Am glad you declined the doctor's offer. Some women later find out they are pregnant through the u/s. Hold on for awhile and try going for an utra sound scan. Goodluck and i pray you are actually pregnant.
Helpful - 0
Missed or delayed periods and gaining weight may be due to PCOS. It is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance.So ovaries develop more follicles than normal every month.Diagnostic tests are 2 hr GTT,serum androgen and testosterone levels,LH-FSH ratio,prolactin levels,TSH levels,17-hydroxyprogesterone levels  and 3D ultrasound done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Thank you for the information. The right side of my stomach has been stiff and when I lay down I notice that that side is higher than the left. Is this common in PCOS?
Helpful - 0
That would be quite common for ovarian cysts, Im not an expert on PCOS and dont know how large the cysts get with it, but im sure it is possible for that too.

Ultra sound scans can confirm cysts. I would get that ultra sound done asap if I was you, no need to wait a month.You could end up having a period while still having the cyst/PCOS.

Good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.