Problems with removal of Paraguard IUD

I had an IUD put in about 8 years ago I was not in a relationship and totally against getting married. However 3 yrs ago I met the most amazing man who changed my mind about marriage and having children again (I have an 18yr old). Now we are married and ready to have a child, however I have gone to the OBG-YN and they can't seem to find the string to pull out my IUD so I'm having surgery to remove it on Feb 8th, it seems one of the sides of the copper T is embedded into a fibroid I seem to have in my uterus. I'm afraid after all I'm 35yrs old and after reading all kinds of discussions and some research, it scared me that i might not be able to get pregnant sense I've had it for so long and after all I'm in my late 30's and wonder if this will make it more difficult.  Anyone out there around my age, going through the same thing or gone through the same thing?

I have the man of my dreams I just hope now we will be able to make our other dream come true and be able to get pregnant.