Provera Period

My gyno put me on provera last week to induce my peroid, as my last period was dec 23rd. Prior to that i skipped the month prior.  I would like to know about how long after the last provera pill should i expect to get my period. Also how long should i wait if i don't get my period?
I forgot to mention that i took my last provera pill on 02-25.
i want to know i am 51 and have not got my period in 3 mouth would it still work for me?
Ive taken Provera twice, once in Dec and then again in Jan.  In Dec it took 5 days after the last pill for me to get my period. Then in Jan my period had not yet come so I again took provera and got my period 3 days after.  I think Provera usually produces a period within 3 to 5 days after the last pill.  If you do not get a period with provera then you most likely are pregnant.  As for getting a period after the provera period im not sure if it will be normal ...it probably depends on the person.  I have not yet gotten a period since last taking provera in Jan.  Hope this helps. Jen
Jen thanks. Well I know that i am not pregnant because before my gyno put me on it they did a urine test and it was neg.  but i wonder if taking antibotics will interfere w/it. since they did a urine alaysis and came back w/a bladder infection so i was taking the anitbotics for that and also i had gotten a yeast infection so i was also taking diflucan. I got off bc in july of last year and got 3 afs after that and skipped a month. so that is when i got it in dec.  now i am just waiting for af to show up. this is definaletly worse then to ttw. lol.  My gyno said that if i get my af next month then she is going to start me on clomid.
If your Dr gave you all the meds then I dont think they would affect each other...you can always call your pharmacist and ask to make sure.  My husband and I are TTC and I took the Depo shot twice and stopped 11/04 and then started BCP till 8/05 and havent had a period since except with provera.  I think the Depo is still in my system and is screwing everything up.  I hope the provera works for you and best of luck with the clomid. Jen
thank you. boy that would make me frusterated w/the only af you have gotten since aug is the provera one.  how old are you? i am 23 will be 24 in june.  my husband isn't too into the whole conceiving thing as much as i am. but he does know how much i want to have a baby.
I am 21 ...I will be 22 May 16th.  My husband and I want a baby and were just trying to wait and see if I can get my periods back and go from there.  We are not in too big of a hurry but a baby would be nice now. Hopefully the Depo will be out of my system soon...it can stay in your system from 12-24 months....and its month 18 well about to be 19 since my last shot.  Im wondering if I should take a HPT to make sure Im not pregnant this month after the provera in Jan. Ive felt kind of weird...not pregnant weird...but It could be PMS symptoms.  My breast are very sore and my stomach is very crampy but not all the time.  I might go see my Dr and see if I can get some more provera for March...maybe then my stomach wont be feeling like this.
it could be possible for you to be preg. My friend that is 19 weeks preg now, right before she found out her breats were soar and she was having af cramps which i have heard of alot. like they think af is going to come and it doesnt. good luck to you and i would say to go ahead and test. and if neg to get too bummed out at least it answers one question.
I have taken it twice and both times, I got af 3-4 days after taking my last pill
I have been taking provera for 2 months now and i just wanted to know if the medication allows you to ovulate? My dr said no but i dont think he really knows what he is talking about or maybe he didint understand. Here is the breakdown. Ive been off BC since 2002 and every since then i havent had a normal period. sometimes it will come every other month and sometimes it will come every 2 months. he put me on provera every other month so i only have a chance a preg every other month. Is there anything i can do? Or does Provera make me NOT ovulate for real? Me and my husband are trying to concieve. Any help will be appreciated.
Taking provera only makes you have a period. Usually your doctor will also put you on clomid with the provera to insure that you will ovulate. This will increase your chances of getting pregnant. I have had the same problem with irregular periods. I stopped taking the pill in March and have only had two periods since so my Dr. finally decided to put me on provera and clomid. I just finished my provera and once I start my period I may start the Clomid (on day 3) then I will be able to finally know when to have sex in hopes of getting pregnant. Good luck to you! And if you feel that Clomid could be right for you, then ask your doctor!

A while ago when my doc put me on Provera, it did not indice periods so I had to take BC pills. This time again my doc put on provera for 7 days and said if  get periods start Clomid from day 5 even if not wait for couple of days after provera and start clomidafter 5 days assuming that had 5 day period. But your doc asked to start clomid on day 3?

Am confused?

How does this clomid and provera combo works?

Thanks!
Hi!

I am 24 yrs old and am TTC. I went to my gyno and he told me he couldn't find anything physically wrong with me. I thought I had PCOS, since I have many symptoms. Excess hair (not much but more than normal women), dark skin on my neck, underarms, groin area, ect., and I have not had a regular period since I started. My blood work came back normal though so he wouldn't diagnose it. There are two ways that Provera and Clomid work. Your doctor will give you Provera. When you get your period he will either instruct you to take the pill on days 3-7 or 5-9 of your period. Then you wait about 10 days and that's when you should ovulate. It really doesn't matter which days you take it. It still is the same principle. Hope this helps!