Provera Period

My gyno put me on provera last week to induce my peroid, as my last period was dec 23rd. Prior to that i skipped the month prior.  I would like to know about how long after the last provera pill should i expect to get my period. Also how long should i wait if i don't get my period?
i was ask to take 200 mg of provera...is this normal? need to take 20 pill everyday because each pill is just 10 mg...just a little afraid to take at this time..please advise...
if you are pregnant and take provera, it will not affect your baby at all. provera is just progesterone- a hormone your body naturally produces anyway. while you're taking, you're pumping more of this hormone into your system (hence the mood swings), then once you're done taking your course of it, the drop in the progesterone levels in your body SHOULD trigger a period. because this is something already found in your body, the (hypothetical) baby will be none the wiser.

(i've had this same talk with my dr.!)

hope this helps!
My Dr put me on Provera and I am very nervous about this. Can you guys help me with my concern. My boyfriend said im just worrying to much. My Dr prescribe me Provera for 5 days today will be my last day of the pill. I have yet to feel any cramping or anything of the sort. Should I be concern or is this normal. When should I expect my period to come after taking my last pill? will I have to continue taking this pill so my menstral can be regular. Would this help or hurt my chances of getting pregnant in the future.
Is it likely to get pregnant while taking provera every month if you ovulate?
i was prescribed provera and i did get my period. its been another month and i havent gotten my period yet, i was wondering if once u get your period from provera does that confirm your not pregnant?
My last provera5 was yesterday & i panicked when i didnt get my period becoz i thought it would come while i was on the meds,i called my Doc and he said to wait 5 more days.Reading some of the other posts today put me at ease too.Im just confused about one more thing,my Doc said to start Clomid on day 2 of my period & not day 3,is this correct?
I took provera to induce my periods to start Clomid.. I took provera 50 mg for 5 days and I had my period after 5days from the last day on provera..
My doc has asked me the same.. start clomid on 2nd day of my period and also she asked me to get a blood test to check FSH and LH reading prior starting proevra.. I took my second clomid pill today.. fingers crossed..
i have a 16 month old son and my husband is 45 i'm 25 gonna be 26 in june.. i am dyyyying to have a baby girl of course if i had a boy no complaints here.. but anyway after i had my son i went on sesonique(the birth control where you get  your period every 3 monthes)(spelling sorry) and i took it for the last like year and my obgyn said if i didnt want to i didnt have to get the period every 3 monthes so like every other girl i would assume i opted not to get it.. soo i went off the pill caz we wanna try to concieve asap and first month(nov) no period i figured ok just went off the pill makes sense next month dec. got a normal period then jan nada got soo excited but that evil your not pregnant came up(i had to take the test also for the dentist) so i went to the obgyn they double checked if i was prego with a pee test and an ultrasound and nada soo sad when your used to seeing someone in there and theres no one any way sorry i ramble lol they gave me a ten day supply of provera and sex directions lol well not sex directions concieveing directions(if anyone wants me to let them know what they say def. contact me i'd love to help) anyway tomarrows my last pill and i actually of course am hoping i am pregnant lol but i went on here to see when i would get a period caz i was wondering what was up soo thanks so much.. i just had a question for you ladies did the provera give you any reactions at all? i have a little breast swealing and little nause and heat flashes lol but nothing horrible i was just curious if i'm the only one oo and if your just starting it eat with it i cannot stress that one enough i took it without food once and i thought i was going to drop dead of nausia(spelling again sorry advanced english really stuck  lol) thanks girls/if there any guys) <3 Melissa Stephens ***@****
Hi folks.  I just wanted to throw some info out there.  I am a registered nurse who has had to take provera a couple of times now.  First of all, to those of you who have questions about drug interactions, DO NOT ever assume that your doctore remembers to tell you about interactions.  Always be self informed!!!  As a rule, antibiotics render birth control useless unless otherwise specified. I took care of a 50yr old having a baby whose doctor forgot to tell her that!  To those of you  who suffer from irregular cycles, especially those of you in your younger years or with infertility issues, PLEASE ask to be evaluated for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).  This is a very underdiagnosed but common hormonal disorder that causes symptoms like irregular periods, abnormal weight gain, acne, infertility, blood sugar instability, and excess hair growth (face, legs, etc.)
I went off birth control at the end of October and got my period mid-December. I haven't had a period since and my gyno prescribed Provera for 10 days. Today was my first day taking it. If I get my period after this, do I start to ovulate normally again or is Provera just to induce your period and have nothing to do with ovulation?
i took provera the 25th february for 5 days 50mg got a period the 5th day after took clomid the 3rd day of my cycle finish my clomid on the 10th of february i should have ovulate th 3rd to the 5th day after which will be the 13th or the 15th of february had sex on the 16th an 18th of februarygood negative pregnancy test up until the 25th  of february started provera again on the 25th with is a month after an have not seen a period 10 days after my last pill do you think i am pregnant i get a lot of cramping off an on like my periods coming but nothing
Hi, wow I am reading all these and now getting kind of scared. I have been seeing all around that doctors have prescribed 5 Provera pills one for 5 days. Mine doctor prescribed me 10 , 10mg pills one a day for ten days...
Does this sound normal to anyone??
Thank you
In April of 2007 I had heavy bleeding bad periods. I mean it was just going throw my pads, my clothes, and sheet. It got so bad I had left to the clinic and they gave me Pro Vera. I had head ache, mood swings, and just pain in my vagina. I notice when I started using Pro Vera my
period had never came back. It's 2009 and I am freakin out that my period hadn't came back yet. Is Pro Vera safe??? Can I ever have kids after taking Pro Vera????
Hey my doctor also prescribed me  PROVERA 10mg for 10 days.... but is been 4 days since i took the last one and no period yet.  Im worry that im not going to get my oeriod.. I was really hoping that it was going to help me.
I have been on provera 3 times before and now finished taking it 5 days ago I had some spotting yesterday and thought it was happening but today .. Nothing but I took 2 pills of 20mg everyday for 10 days so i think the arrangement of pills can very.
i was on depo (the shot) since april of 2005, i decided to get off of it and give my body a rest...i started having really bad headaches, dizziness, ance, and EXTREME breast and nipple pain...i told my doctor about it and she put me on provera tablets 10 mg for 10 days, may 1, 2010-may 10, 2010....i spotted like 3 or four days after a was done taking them and that was it......suprisingly i got my period june 1, 2010.....only problem is how long does your period last when you do get it????
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 and was told that I would never have children. Well when I was 21 I got preg with my boyfriend of 7 yrs. My daughter just turned 5 and I am now about to be 27. My husband and I really want to have a baby and my OB said it can happen it will just be a little harder for me than most women. My PCOS has progressed since I had my lil girl. I haven't had a period since April 8th and before that I didn't have one for 4 months. Dr. put me on provera 10mg for 10 days. I took my last pill yesterday and no period yet. From what I have read it can take some time. Which ***** because I want to stat taking the Clomid so I can ovulate and get pregnant.  Reading all of  your stories helps me because I have been an emotional roller coaster with this med. I am excited and positive one day and the next I am worried I will not be able to give my wonderful husband the child we want.  I am trying to stay positive but at times its so hard. I pray for all of us women that have this problem and have faith that my prayers will be answered!!
Hi I have PCOS and the doctor asked me to take Provera so I could get my periods. I just wanted to know taking Provera every moth is it harmful to your body?? I just want to get my periods naturally without  any medications. Please advise    

ROG
I have just had my first round of provera and i am now on the 7th day since i finished the tablets and still nothing is this normal??  I am really starting to worry

I finished my dose of Provera and it's been three weeks-- I still haven't gotten my period yet. The doctor wants me to come in to do a scan of my ovaries and check for PCOS-- I'd recommend checking in with your doc again! Something may be wrong if you don't get your period within a week of being off Provera.Hope this helps.
I have PCOS and I havent had my period for ywo years and i could probly count how maby periods I have had my whole life on my hands and feet and I'm 34. I was put on Provera and I have taken my thrid pill and I hope it works. I have one daughter and she is 13 now but I have never used BC and I have no more children. I was told that if you take provera within the first four months of pregnacy that the baby could have birth defects. PCOS is a horrible condition and it smashes alot of dreams. My daughter was a born four months early at 1lb 4oz because people with PCOS have a high rate for miscarriage. That what the doctor called my baby a miscarriage that lived. I pray that they will find a cure for this because it causes health problems too and I have all of them. Hihg blood pressure, high CHL, over weight. and hair were it dont belong. So I will pray for all of you that god will answer your prayer and give you a baby because I thank him everyday for my blessing.
Hello. I was put on Provera Sat Aug 7th and was told one pill for 10 days and then Ishould get my period. Todays is Aug 16 my last day. How long till I should get my period? Also I would like to know is it possible I could be pregnant after having sex every day I been on the pill? Please help.
Hi, my doctor told me I should start my period within 10 days of the last pill. Also, I don't think you would be pregnant because Provera doesn't make you ovulate only induce periods. What kind of problems did you have to be put on Provera? I just went to the doctor two weeks ago and she prescribed Provera to me because of irregular periods cause by PCOS. She wont let me start my pills until the 1st day of September because she said it is easier to keep track of it if I take it the 1st thru the 10th. I cannot wait to get started with my pills and get my periods coming again so she can put me on Clomid to induce ovulation and hopefully I can get pregnant!
my doctor diagnosed me with pcos as well, I am 28. I took my last pill(provera) of 10 on august 28 and haven't started yet. I called and asked my dr's nurse and she told me it could take up to 1 to 1 1/2 weeks well I may have jumped the gun a bit but my breasts are very tender, have been urinating more, moody and in the THE MOOD non-stop. So I took a hpt yesterday and another this morning Sept. 4 and both were positive! I am so excited, I've never had a pregnancy test to result with a positive but to have 2 that were...So I may take another hpt since its labor day weekend and then call my Dr. on Tuesday... Good luck everyone!
Just thought i would add that my dr. has me taking my temp. every moring with the basal body theremometer so we can track when ovulation occurs. According to my chart i ovulated on day 3 after starting the provera.
kris::::: Hi i ave been on provera for 5 days and been off of it for 4 days when will i syary mt period can n e one help me thank you.
I have just turned 26, I always had regular periods. but last month my period came late,it started as spotting and became too heavy it was scary. i consulted and my doctor did a pregnancy test and it was negative. ive never been on BC and currently not sexual active. the dr prescribed Provera and i took it for 10 days, saturday i took my last pill and the next day (sunday) i got my period. i dont know what to expect next, i was worried im pre menopausal.
Hopefully this helps someone. I have never been normal. I never had a period until I was put on BC at 17. I was told by my OB/GYN that we would worry about why I had problems when I decided to have kids (eye roll). I kept pursuing an answer. 2 days after I bought my wedding dress I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, now almost 3 yr old. She was our blessing in disguise. When my daughter was about a year we decided we wanted another baby. My Dr. sent me to a IVF clinic last and they put me on Parlodel to dry up breast milk then told me I had PCOS. If you look at me you would scratch your head. I asked the Dr how it was possible since I don't have most of the symptoms. I am not a very big person, abnormal hair growth is minimal ( a strand here or there), no sign of high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. I am now being treated by a new Dr. who but me on Provera and Chlomid so hopefully this works. He will be doing an HSG (checking filopian tubes) and the Chlomid Challenge test. Little nervous but if it solves the problem I won't be complaining. I hope this helps someone. Make sure your Dr. checks you for PCOS even if they look at you and say it is not possible.
I just taking provera for 10 days, I started my period 7 days after my last pill....Would I be able to get pregnant after ending my period? I have been reading what you guys have been saying, and I am really wondering about this, cause WE are wanting to have a child. Anything will help...PLEASE thanks
For the last three months I've been having 2-3 day spotty periods, so my gyno put me on provera for 7 days. I've been off of it for three days now. But the thing is I was supposed to start my "normal" period yesterday and it didn't come. Is this because of the provera?
I am also on Provera and my husband and I are TTC. I went to the OBGYN and she gave my provera to get my cycle right so we can conceive. She didn't mention anything about not being able to have a child after taking Provera.... I went to her to get pregnant! Also, I am having the test ran for PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) to make double sure nothing is wrong with me.
Hi I'm 23 my name is Janette nd I'm also on provera. But I'm on it bcuz I'm irregular nd I'm trying to get preggers w my finance. This month I took the pill nd my flow came regular for about two weeks. Then it stopped for three days nd I had intercourse w my finance nd all of all sudden I started bleeding like spotting. Then the next day it came like a normal period. I'm scared.  Ok nd so after I finished my period I was supposed to take some other pills to help me get pregnant. Nd now I think I cnt bcuz I'm still bleeding. Nd my lower back is hurting like hell. Can some one help me! Please I really need a respond from someone.... thanks ur frnd janette from ldo =)
I went to doctor yesterday and I also want a baby me and my hasband are together for 10 years and so long to have a baby.he also put me on that tablts.if I do fall pregnant.will it cause harm for my baby.
consilt ur doctor,hopefully u'll know what to do,i just started my provera last sunday,gudluck.
is provera and clomid working? please share ur experience of ur successes,
okay, I haven't said and read ALL of the comments to see if they would answer my question. but I am 17, and I've been on depo for about 2 years now. I missed my last shot, as well as switched doctors. so my new docter did an exam, and said before she gave me my next shot i had to have a full period, so she put me on provera. well, i've finished my prescription & my mom has got me scared that i could be pregnant where i didn't start my period the DAY AFTER my last pill, which would have been yesterday (Aug. 2nd).. i just need some advice, please and thank you!
I haven't had a period pass three months now and my doctor gave me pervera four mnts dose each month dose is consist of 5pills say I mus take 1@ the first of each month its my first month now and am on day 3. What am trying to find out is when should I expect to have a period. At the end of each 5day are what. I ave always ave obnormal period cycle up to when I gave birth now it all start again took pregnancy test and they all come negative so am confused and miserable
I googled to find out and this site helped alot. Im a 21 overweight female. I had the implanon for 3 years and since off of it i only had a very light period that lasted only a day every month. I am also trying to conceive and have not been susccessful. I took my last provera yesterday and havent had a period yet. My symptoms arepretty normal (sore breasts and mood swings) I also have had an akward craving for pumpkin all week lol its wierd for me. My doctor said you can ovulate while taking it but im worried that next month i wont have a pd then ill have to keep taking this stuff. I dont mind it but its annoying at times. Most of my friends who had kids at 16 and 15 got pregnant quickly it makes me wonder if i shoulda tried havin a kid when i was that age lol
Hi, I have the same problem, I took provera for 5 days and my doctor told that I will have a period with in 15 days frommy last pill but today is my 18 day I called my doctor and they told to go for ultrasound , I am scared is it a normal thing, please let me know
I have the same problem and was wondering if you got any answers?

Stacy.***@****
I started provera july 24th 2012 for 10 days taking 10 mg's and i got my period on the last day i took the pill. I have had a period since then idk what to do is this normal. keeping in mind that for five years i had only about 3 normal periods.
i-went-to-my-dr.-b/c-every-time-i-would-have-sex-with-my-husband-i-would-spot-and-it-would-last-for-a-day-or-two-i-know-that-i-should-not-be-pregnant-b/c-my-tubes-are-tied-they-did-tests-anyway-and-they-r-neg.-but-b/c-my-periods-are-out-of-wack-they-put-me-on-provera-for-10-days-every-month-at-2-pills-a-day-which-r-10mg-each-so-i-did-this-on-8-21-12-thru-8-30-12-and-got-my-period-on-9-4-12-it-has-been-6days-now-that-i-have-been-bleeding-with-the-last-3-days-of-very-heavy-bleeding-and-soaking-the-pads-sometimes-i-am-having-to-wear-2-pads-at-once-and-i-have-the-worst-pain-ever-that-moves-automatically-when-i-lay-on-my-right-side-then-it-goes-to-my-left-side-or-my-back-which-ever-i'm-laying-on-then-if-i'm-sitting-it's-in-my-lower-back-or-my-abdomin.-anybody?
i hve the provera 10mg for 5days twice a day, and it was 7 days ago and still dont have my period. i just need to know if im preg already, im afraid to have HPT bc im always disappointed evrytime i do it.
I am a 29 year old female and I have been on Provera 10mg for 10 days its day 11 now and I still don't have my period I saw my fertility professor on the 29th of April and my Uterus lining was 7.3mm. As far as I know it should be 10mm for you to menstruate, I have cramps and discharge not brown white but no period. Should I give it a few more days or just begin my active pill as my professor advised me today via telephone? I am so unsure I have also used 5 cycles of clomid and nothin and the strange thing is I had no problem falling pregnant with with my other two sons :-(
Please give me some advise!!!!
I took medroxyprogesterone 10mg for 10 days,i start my period 2 weeks after my last pill
I took medroxyprogesterone 10mg for 10days,i start my period 2 weeks after mt last pill
iv got polycystic ovaries and my doctor put me on provera medroxyprogesterone tablets for 5 days coz i havnt had a period for 3 months i finished takin my last tablet on the 9th aug but i still havnt had a period im gettin a lil worried been told it could lead up to cancer in the near future so as u can tell i got scared just want a period will i get one also im defo not pregnant coz had a scan and a test please help anyone ?
i am 28 and have not had a period in 8 years i just past my 13th day after the 10 day wait,on my 2nd month of taking provera and still no bleed i see my dr on Monday! and i do have PCOS! not trying to be a mom rite now do to my health issues and trying to get them worked out but i am worried to why this is not working i forgot how bad the cramps and stuff are lol!
Hi guys! I have something to ask about provera.
I was on provera.
The doctor said i need to take provera 10mg 2x a day for 5days it was july 21 to 25 i took it and i got my period after two weeks (august 4 to 10)it was a heavy period then after 9 days i got a period again i dont know if its period it was lasting 4days . Is that normal to have a two period in one month, that is my first time to had 2 period in 1month..  ??
My second question, is it okay to take provera again ? Im 3months delayed again :(( please help..
i have a question i didnt complete this pill thing all the way and so like i have missed dosage and all but either way i stop taking them and in between i had sex and then out the blue i started to bleed and now it has ben 9 days and i am stil bleeding but i only had like 3 pils out of 10 out a every 3 day weeek could i be pregnant. so for ex i would take one on monday then on thursday i would take one then on next week on a wednesday and i had sex on all those days almost and then i woke on a friday it ws blood and nowi ts been like 10 days and im stil bleeding and hungry and tired irrated and all