Pubic Folliculitis?

Hey, so I'm a 17 year old girl and recently I've noticed that I have this red bump thing on my pubic mound that looks kind of like a pimple, but I've done some research and I think it's folliculitis? It's a little bit sore and I'm scared to try to pop it, it also seems to have a yellowish puss inside of it.  Is that what it is? Or is it something else? Either way what should I do to treat it without going to a doctor? I'm terrified because of this, its worrying me to death. Also, I've never shaved my pubic hair before and I'm a virgin if that makes a difference. Thanks!!
Does it smell awful?
I would recommend putting a drop of antiseptic in the area to prevent further infection. I would definitely go to my doctors asap xx
Can be a ingrown hair which can cause a painful bump and can get infected which can create puss...if you don't want to shave then at least trim