Pubic area itch

I have had this pubic area itch, mostly in the hair region for many years that went away and returned for no reason. I am 67 years old. I found out about kefir, a probiotic drink containing a huge variety of probiotics than any type of yogurt. LifeWay is the brand that I've been using, but there are other brands as well. I liked it plain, but in recent months stores have only been carrying the fruit flavored varieties. It is 100% lactose free, which I was glad about because I am lactose intolerant. I was taking it for digestive issues, gas, bloating, etc. The itching coincidentally disappeared after drinking a cup of it a day for several weeks, and did not return as long as I was taking it. We were away from home, so I stopped taking it. Not only did the digestive issues return, but the itching returned with a vengeance!  I have just started back on the kefir, and hope everything returns to normal soon. I thought I'd post this, because some of you may find the kefir to help you as much as it has helped me. I think that our diet today creates the need for supplemental products like this.
Your symptoms sound very typical of a yeast infection.

Itching can also happen as we age due to drying of the skin as well as hormonal changes, allergies to detergents and soaps, as well as manmade fabrics.  Use non biological detergent and softeners that are suitable for people with sensitive skin.  Do not use normal soap, use a non perfumed soap, one that has the same pH level as our skin, baby washes may be fine.  An emollient can be purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription, that is used as a substitute for soap.

Eat a healthy and well balanced diet and cut out or cut down on all sugary foods and drinks, processed and junk foods.  Eat live yogurt if you are not allergic to it.  Drinking cider vinegar with mother ear may help.  Coconut oil has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties and can be used on the skin.  As a home help remedy natural set yogurt will also help to reduce any itching, inflammation and soreness.

Wash in the morning and before going to bed and wear clean cotton or silk underwear every day.  Avoid manmade fabrics.

Because the kefir balances your gut bacteria, it is likely that your itching was caused by a fungal infection.