STARTING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS 7 DAYS AFTER MY PERIOD..RISK???

I have been on Ortho Tri Cyclin for a few yrs now..I took my week 1-3 pills and on week 4 (off week) had my period. I was unable to get to the doctor for more pills..and had to wait 7 days AFTER my period to get new pills. My normal start was MONDAYS...and immediately started my new pack as soon as I got the new pack of pills. I did not have intercourse during weeks1-2 of the new pack..and I had sex mid week 3. I keep reading different things about how thats not good..how its ok as long as I waited 7 days..I really dont know whats correct?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
If you start your pills on the same day you start your period, you're protected from the start. If you do the "Sunday start" (start the first Sunday (or any day, really, as long as it's less than 7 days since your period started), you're covered after a week. If you start at any other time, you should use backup birth control for the first month.