Serious concern!

So I had my period a couple weeks ago. It was a day late and a little shorter and lighter than usual.
And for the past several weeks I've been having what seems like symptoms of pregnancy, headaches, being tired all the time, being made nauseous by some of my favorite foods,wanting stuff to eat that I normally hate, just plain nausea, some constipation and diarrhea, being extremely moody and crying over stupid things, a warm sensation in my lower abdomen, slight cramps in my lower abdomen. I took a pregnancy test last week but it came back negative.
I am on birth control, but at the end of February I got behind on it and started taking it again in March so my birth control was off for a bit. I stopped taking it the other day because I am not sure if I am pregnant or not. But yesterday I had a little bit of bleeding, and today I have slight cramping and a little bit of really really dark colored and kind of thick bleeding. It's not constant, it comes and goes, but I'm not due for my next period until next month. So I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Could I be pregnant? Spotting between periods is really unusual for me. Could the spotting be because I stopped taking my birth control a couple days ago? What could the other symptoms be from? Should I take another pregnancy test?
I've also been waking up sweating in the middle of the night. And going to the bathroom to go number one a lot
Also I put a tampon in like 10 minutes before I posted this and it's already soaked through
This can be due to pregnancy. If you are apprehensive regarding the status of your pregnancy you can get it checked. Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period.

Otherwise you can get a serum HCG also done which is more specific than urine pregnancy test.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.