Severe Itching

For the past year since I have stopped taking my birth control I have been having severe itching on my labia majora. To the point where I can't sleep and when I do fall asleep, I tear my skin open from scratching so much. There are no bumps or sores or anything, my skin just looks really dry. It happens about 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle starts and it lasts until I start. I've tried everything. The only thing that somewhat helps is benadryl to help me sleep and stop the itching for a few hours. Does anyone know what this could be or how to stop the itching? I don't want to go back on birth control!
Hi there, you're probably just experiencing severe thrush if it keeps coming back as your hormones will be a bit confused as you've stopped taking the pill. Good thing is, thrush is really simple to get rid of. You can get a pessary at your local pharmacy - I don't think its an over the counter thing so no need to worry about being embarrassed when you get it. It's basically a tablet you put inside your vagina and works almost instantly and it always comes with cream to put on your vagina, which will cool it down and sooth. You should abstain from sex whilst using this as friction can be a massive irritant on the area. Clean your vagina with warm water twice a day and also wear 100% cotton underwear and you should be back to normal soon :).
I've tried that :( I don't think it's thrush because it's only on the outside skin, not on the inside and my discharge and such is normal as well.