Severe body aches @ constant night sweats

I am wondering if anyone has had the experience i describe below and if so,could it be more symptoms of shingles?

I was diagnosed with shingles 3 weeks ago. Two weeks before being diagnosed, I had fatigue and horrible body aches. One week later I thought my ribs were broken and made an appt to see my doctor. Two days before my appt I developed a rash over my ribs. The doctor diagnosed me with singles and put me on the anti viral meds for it. It's been three weeks since seeing the doctor and I completed the medication one week ago.

The problem is I am feeling worse than ever. I have severe body aches and joint pain and almost constant headaches. On top of this I am sweating constantly, yet feel chilled most of the time. My clothes are literally drenched in sweat constantly. I don't appear to be getting better, although my ribs feel a lot better ( the shingles site) and my rash is starting to go away.

I am seriously concerned now that I am having symptoms from whatever immune deficient problem that caused the shingles in the first place. Originally I assumed prolonged stress was the cause. I will be getting blood work done next week. My question is: could the symptoms I am having be as a result of the shingles?  Could it be that it's just taking a long time for me to heal?
What you are having is post viral myalgia which should go away in a few days and shingles being a viral diseae is often associated with it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.