Sex after Novasure procedure

I had Novasure  a hystoroscopy and a DNC done July 26th.  I was very sore for a few days but then was feeling fine.  The doc said no intercourse for two weeks.  Friday August 2nd my husband and I went out and when we got home not thing led to another.  I don't know where my head was and mid way my procedure popped into my head by then it was to late..  Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned..   There was no pain involved no bleeding, nothing.  Wy do they say two weeks??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can have sex as soon as the bleeding and discharge have stopped or after 2 weeks. This is the time which is given for bleeding to stop and uterus to heal properly. If you have any increased bleeding, do consult your gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
If anyone is interested...  I had my follow up after novasure and as you read my comment from the other day I was worried because my husband and I did not wait the two weeks before intercourse.  The doc said no harm no foul. As long as there is no pain and no sign of infection the two weeks is just precautionary...  You are good to go as long as you are very careful!  No rough sex!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.