Shooting pain through vagina and anus

I have sharp shooting pains through my vagina and anal area.  They only last a few seconds.  The build and peak like labor pains.  Say I'm in the kitchen and I'll feel it coming on so I have time to brace myself.  I'll set down whatever it is i'm holding and get ready.  I have to cross my legs, bend my knees, hold on to something, clench my body tight, and try to breathe.  Thank God it only lasts a few seconds.  My 14 yr. old son witnessed it yesterday and tried to call 911.  I kept signaling him not to.  I knew it wouldn't last long.  My gyno. didn't understand me when I tried to explain it to her.  What is going on?  Has anyone else experienced this kind of unbearable pain?  If the pain lasted even a min. I feel like I would just pass out and die from the pain. Honestly, it's worst than labor pains.  I never know when it's going to occur.  And when it does happend, I have to be standing to get through it, I can't be sitting.  I've also noticed that after the pain passes I'm out of breath and dizzy.  What is going on?  What should I be tested for?  Also, I've had a stabbing pain on my right side of my stomach under my rig cage.  It seems to move around the area.  Cannot take a deep breath in or yawn without tremendous pain.  Does anyone have an idea about what that could be?  Thankyou ahead of time to those who respond to my questions.
I have recently been getting these pains. I went for a smear test the other day and mentioned it to the nurse and she said to mention it to the doctor when I'm next in. Mine is in the back and front and also when I have sex it really hurts where it hasn't before. I have just been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries so whether it has something to do with that I don't know. Also have had irritable bowel since I was a teenager and it could be down to that too. I don't have periods as I have the implant in so I can't put it down to that.
I know this is an old post but I have just recently experienced this proctalgia and let me tell you it is not gas anyone who says that it's only gas has no idea I felt like I was having a baby with the contractions that I had and the pain I never want to go through that again it's actually contractions of the pelvic and it causes a lot of pain and it actually takes your breath away it's so severe
I have these "ovulation spasms" as well. They are excruciating!! And you're all right. When pain is building, you can't sit. To get any relief, I typically have to do a full squat & massage by bottom (sorry for that descriptor but it's true!). The worst 1 that I had  lasted at various times for a day & a half. I had to take off work because they were subsequent contractions. Over the counter pain meds do help me, so that the pain is dull and less intense, but the sensation is still there. Very terrible!
This happens to me too!
I have the same issue. The pain seems like it it both anal and vaginal.It normally comes around the time of my period but im not due for my menstrual til the end of the month. Im currently laying on my couch hoping to pass gas.. Sometimes passing wind seems to help. Has anyone figured out what this could be?!
I'm actually going through same type of pain right now as I typed this and mine has been lasting like this for a whole 30 mins now it started of hurting a little bit then later it's started to progress even worse. I freaked out because I never felt pain like that ever I felt like dieing I couldn't move or breath. And my dad gave me half a Norco to take for the pain so I hope it kicks in soon. I feel so much pressure it's a horrible pain to go through. It's been already 30 mins and the pain is still there not as bad but it's still feels very painful. I have a heating pad on my stomach and pelvis right now which usually helps ease the pain off a bit.
Go to the doctor they deal with this everyday you can ask for a male ir female doctor if you prefer. Explain how painful it is they msy do a rectal examination nothing to uncomfortable they will have to insert 1 finger in I know it sounds unpleasant but it has to be done to rule out anything serious x
Hi there my name is aisha and I'm 17. I have the exact same problem but only in the anus. It feels like getting electric shocks in my vagina and sometimes it only lasts 15 mins and sometimes a whole hour. And I'm getting these "shocks" during my period. Also it hurts right under my ribcage and the pain moves around. God its awful! Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Is this normal?
Hi girls. I too suffer with these horrid sharp pains. I think I might have found why.
I read somewhere that these pains are apparently the symptoms of toxic shock caused by tampons so I did a little experiment and used only pads for few cycles and didn't have the pains. But when I do use tampons during my period I get these pains midcycle too. I read that this could happen if bits of the tampon break off and get stuck in the vagina but take lots of time to clear out which is why, as someone mentioned, the "pushing" might help to ease the pain. We should all try not using tampons and see if it makes any difference.
To  All with rectal pain:

I have been dealing with this for three years and just had a total hysterectomy done on Friday because my doctor felt that I had a slightly enlarged, tilted uterus with adenomyosis that might be causing it.  He felt that it was pushing on my rectum. I am 49.

I am 6 days after surgery and feel that I am healing pretty well and the discomfort from the surgery has subsided, but I have been still having some severe rectal spasms and left side pain.  I have always felt this was proctalgia fugax, but thought that the uterus could be causing the problem.  I hope that this will go away as I heal, but I am beginning to wonder.  

Most importantly, what did help my rectal spasms in the past is stretching my back muscles and back massage and flexor stretches.  It always seemed that the rectal and side pain stemmed from tight back muscles and my sacroiliac joint.

Laying on my side, I have my husband grab my rib cage with one hand and then my hip with the other and slowly push them opposite of each other kind of twisting me.  You can feel the pressure release off of the rectum as soon as you do this.  Then flip over and do the other side.  Plus massage the back muscles.

I know that there are many reasons for pain in our abdomens, so please do be careful; but this has really helped me and may need to still be the only relief I can get.  I pray not and pray that all of you can feel better again.
The past few days I have  shooting pains but its like the pain is constantly there and then every so often It goes and then comes back , its very uncomfortable and its nothing to do with my period ,has this happened to anyone ??
I am also experiencing the same pain in the same areas. I must say it's a relief that I'm not alone. I also agree with if the pain lasted any longer than a few seconds I wouldn't make it. I go to the doctor in a couple of weeks and will be back with an update of what she said. Lastly, I just want to say thank you for posting on this forum, again I no longer feel alone.
Omg! I thought I was alone! I get those pains out of no where. Im forced to jump up and clench my whole body, but sometimes It feels good to push. Its EXCRUCIATING!!! Ive gotten them for 7 years so I chalked it up to "my 10lb daughter broke my vagina" LOL (shes 7 so it lines up perfectly)
My daughter used to get pains in her lady parts it would come and go she would be screaming in agony .2 years begging doctors to plz tell me what was wrong with her and they didnt no.sp i started googling and ruling this out .i read about worms how lots of people have they but have no symptoms they can travel from the  bum to the front in ladies and it can cause pain.ever since i gave my daughter the tablet the pain has gone .the agony she was in i would never of guest it come be something like worms .this may not be helpful to anyone but worth a try .
What tablet did you give her?  I'm very curious about this remedy.
What pills did you give her?
Omg any updates i promise that this is my current sittuatons have anybody seen a great softer that gave good feed back and provided the help that is needed I know durn well that this is not a urinary tract infection
Ahh, this is so weird. I'm 23 years old, but have been experiencing these sporadic vaginal few-second-lasting spasm pains since I was probably like 15 or 16. They will absolutely floor me with a sharp, shooting pain, but for only a few seconds, and then it goes away. It's the strangest thing. People have seen me just randomly gasp from the pain before, and I don't even know how to explain it. I am now wondering if it has to do with painful ovulation? I have never paid attention to the time of the month that I've gotten these weird vaginal muscle spasm things. I once tried to bring it up to one of my sisters, and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I was hoping it was something that everybody experienced so I wouldn't feel like a weirdo. :P
Im 14 years old I dont know what it is but I experience the same thing I have been for about 1 1/2 years. its so embarrassing being in the same room as my family and just jerking and gasping from the pain. it usually occurs during my period but occasionally at other times too. Im too embarrassed to ask someone about it bc it just seems so personal.
I know what you mean! I really wish there was a way to figure out what it is that we are experiencing when this happens...I can't seem to find any other information on it elsewhere, this one message board is the only place I've found other females describing what I've experienced.
Im having the exact same symptoms now. Its been 4 hours and counting.....I want to call an ambulance.....except i know i would be wasting their time....However....Im crippled with it. I spent 20 mins tryinf to get down the stairs and run a bath. I cant put 1 foot infront of the other
Hello, I too have been experiencing this rather debilitating pain off and on for several years now.  This either happens right before or during my period.  I've described the pain to my GYN as a terrible muscle spasm/contractions in my rectum.  Sometimes it even starts where my naval is and works its way down to my lower stomach and near my rectal area.  By far THE worse pain I've EVER FELT IN MY LIFE!  It's far from gas pain or any other pain I've ever felt and it definitely stops you in your tracts when it hits.  I've had a baby and I do not recall being in this much pain.  
I know that this thread is very old at this point and someone may have already said this...but A LOT of these symptoms listed throughout the thread sound like PN or PNE (Pudendal Neuralgia/Pudendal Nerve Entrapment). I pray that this can help at least some of you. There are doctors out there that specialize in this (few but they are out there).  I suffer as well and it's a pain that no one should ever have to go through.
I am 20 years of age with the same problem. For the past week or so,they have been an unbearable pain! My lower right side started aching,then sometimes it would go to my left side. Days later,I think I had one on my left side too,and one of them ruptured because I felt the sharp pain. One thing I did read was that you could put a hot water bottle at your sides,and take ibuprofen. But I know I need to see someone for this also. Do not go to a drs because they will not find anything.
I have this problem as well but my question is Does any or all women have Mirena?  I have had this for 8 years and have had Mirena this long too.
Just curious if you ever found any info on this.  I am experiencing the same excruciating pain and also have a Mirena.
I get these all the time and the doctor tried to test me for absolutely everything and I came out negative. They put me on an antibiotic and then I got a yeast infection. After I cured it I got my period and now that I'm on it the pain is extremely overwhelming and unbearable. You cannot even walk or sit or stand or move or anything. My problem is that last night I had this so bad I couldn't fall asleep and then when I finally did I did not sleep through the night. When I woke up it was even worse and now I cannot stand back up for the past half hour. My episodes are longer than average from what I can tell.
I'm having these same pains but get this they don't come and go they stay all day and night every day and only get some what better with my Percocets and baclofen. Diving me insane the pain is blinding . Did u ever find out what was causing your pain and can u please share ????
I get the same pain all the time vagina to anus and lower  back as if in labor. Same urge to push . Usually get it like the 3rd day of my period and the pain starts when there's a humongous clot ready to come out. I feel this pressure in my cervix too but when I push it feels better. But the relieve really comes when the big clot comes out I don't know what that has to do with my anus ?before I thought it was because I had a fibroid putting pressure or causing the blockage or my uterus tilts to the back. I also wonder if my extra long overnighter pads blocks my anus and traps air . I always come out with my own conclusions . But right now I've been sitting in the toilet pushing and have had 3 clots the size of a small ginger and finally feel the relieve. It even makes you break a sweat and get all pale from the pain.
I have it is unbearable at times doctors don't understand the pain I feel idk what to do
It could be cysts on the ovaries. I had this issue when I was 16 and I had an ultrasound done where they found the cysts. I was prescribed birth control pills to get rid of the cysts. It helped then. I'm pregnant now with my 3rd child (I'm almost 27 now) and I'm having these pains again. I'm not sure if it could be the same thing or if it's pregnancy related. The pain is the same as before though.
That is supposed to be I am... it apparently can't handle the apostrophe for the contraction form of the two.
OMG how common is this and yet not medically acknowledged. I am familiar with the sudden shooting pain attacks in the vagina and intestines. My doctor dismissed my symptoms as "never heard of" and he really doubted my experience. I am being tested for the usual diseases etc as already mentioned in other posts here but no results. I had a very strong attack a few months ago, almost knocked me out. It felt like micro contractions around my cervix anus and adjacent areas and I did not know what to do other than stretching the tissue around my cervix with my finger. I could feel the whole area continuously strongly spasm for about a minute and it did give some relief to stretch the tissue away from the cervix. I am going down the gas and food intolerance route at the moment.

Has anyone had success in treating the symptoms since the first posts in 2005?
I am experiencing it right now. I'm 16! It hurts to even move. To breath. Help
I have these pains right now. At times it's worst then others, but it doesn't go away! It feels like a lot of pressure. Tried having a bowel movement and it feels like I need too, but I don't think I do. It isn't gas either. Hubby and I tried having sex, it hurt SO bad. HELP!
You may be suffering from endometriosis. There's some great information about this on Mayo Clinic website http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20236449
This is called levator Ani syndrome....it is spasm of the pelvic floor..believe me. I was​ in the emergency room with this and 3 specialists did not know.  Finally found the answers when I went on a discussion forum online and I took this information to my urogynecologist and they sent me to a pelvic floor physical therapist. The reason you're having so much pain is because the muscles are super tense in your pelvis and you have to find a way to relax them...sit on a tennis ball ...take a muscle relaxer do not do kegels !!!but there's​ is so much more    fascial muscle release    there are also excercises you can do.. look it up and it will give you the info and do physical therapy.. it is also called proctalgia fugax  
Thank heavens I found this forum. I have been having these pains for a few years. I noticed they always come in the weeks prior to my period. I am at work now and having one so I decided to finally google "shooting pain in pelvic/anus" and found this link. Thank you!!!
I'm 21 years old and I have been experiencing this since I was like 14, I googled about it alot but I found nothing similar to this strange pain but only this page, its happening to me right now I'm on my period its really killing me and I can feel it coming, the same exact feeling all of you described but I wanna add that it gets more intense "sometimes" if I try to hold gases, and when I'm setting down so I stand up immediately I really hate it when it occur when i'm around people i dont want them to see me it literally is unbearabl .. anyway I don't know what to do I'm really fed up with this!
Hello, I have been dealing with this for several years. I have been to the hospital so many tomes and they say nothing is wrong with me. It sucks. Just today while out on the beach it happened this time it lasted for almost 20 minutes. Excruciating pains. Please help
I have the same problem every time I am on my period before I got on the pill it was worse but now that I am on the pill I still have pain shooting up my butt and I thought the pill helps all the pain but it seems like it only helps the cramps
I too suffer terribly with this. It's known as Mittelschmerz. My doctor prescribes me Naprozen. Hope this helps.
I can't believe this is a 7 yrs old thread and no real answer, let alone remedy, has been brought to light. There are a list of things this could be - from IBM to Mittelschmerz (as last person to comment stated she had). I, personally have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cysts, PCOS, IBS, Chrones Disease, PID and more. However, it's always a different diagnosis with each new doctor and new medications with each new diagnosis and NOTHING has worked yet. However, my new doctor suspects it may be spasms of an organ or muscle in the pelvic area. Being it was just a quick conversation about a possible diagnosis, I can't remember the exact name of the condition - I'must so near giving up on a remedy and diagnosis that I only partially pay attention to the doctors anymore. This is the 8th gynecologist I've been to seeking answers. She's working with an endocrinologist on my case. When I get home I'll look through the medical papers for the name of the syndrome and post it up here.
Ladies, good luck with getting a remedy and God Bless. My heart goes out to all of you. I understand the pain your going through and you will all be in my prayers and thoughts.
Have read all the comments exactly like d pains am going through but I need someone to help me with an answer,  cos anytime the pains comes up,oh my God I always feel I have one sec left. The pain is from my abdominal through to my vaginal down to my anus.and it only lasted for few minutes. And it's all started after I gave birth to my first child.
I have been having the same pain except it's a constant pain and it's been going on for the last five days. The only relief I've found so far is in the shower.... it seems to dull the pain I think. I'm starting to get pretty worried. -_- the pressure and pain remind me of when I was in labor except the sharp pain is around my vaginal/ anal region instead of my lower back. I can hardly walk without excruciating pain. I wish someone here had some more insight.
I have also experienced these pains.  Although they are insanely intense and stop you in your tracks they come and go fairly quickly and I've only experienced them a handful of times.  I think it's muscle spasms or cramps.  I have been on a new work out program.  So I tried stretching, child's pose whatever helped the pain.  It seems to help get through the pain and they've gone away for now.  Hope this helps!
I am 15 years old and I have those sharp shooting pains in these places and I do the same thing have to brace myself for it, it happened to me just today, twice. Please help, should I see a doctor? It is excruciating pain and yes it only last about 10 seconds or so. What is going on? My parents keep telling me it is just cramps and stuff but this pain is more severe.
I've been experiencing the same thing. Just last week it last 5 whole days constant. My gyno did a full exam and said he thought it was muscle spasm or torn muscle so he gave me a muscle relaxer. That didn't help. So after the 5 days I started my period and the pain wasn't there. I'll explain my pain (it's a sharp stabbing pain it feels like it right inside the vagina or anal area and sometimes in the lips of vagina. It does only last a minute. But also hurts to sit normal and push to go on toilet.) The 5 days straight is the longest it's ever went. But today the pain is back but only when I'm on the toilet. I hate going to the dr. cause they make me feel as if I'm making it up and that nothing's wrong when clearly something's not right.
Not sure why all those numbers and, & signs are in my comment either. Weird!
I am the same way. I have these shady stabbing/piercing pains on the same areas, and it's usually on my period. Very rarely I've had them while not menstrating. I can feel them comin and just have to prepare myself for them, clench my fists, and I end up digging my nails into the palms of my hands. Nothing stops it and I've had this for every period enough times that I'm aware of them and "used" to them. I also have terrible cramps and will soon be doing a sonogram to see what going on. During the summer I had such excruciating pains on either side of my abdomen that I would have to lay down and just wait. I had heat packs and pills but nothing stopped it. On these days I wouldn't leave my house because I physically couldn't. I'm only 15 and all this pain I experience is rather normal for me but the pain just gets worse. I used to be able to take cramp pills and then I'd be fine to go about my day, but now they rarely work.
“I’m experiencing the same pain right now! I am also on my Menstrual cycle(2nd) day! ,I’ve experience this pain about 6 to 7 times so far, The Shooting pain hurts so bad that I found myself screaming while clutching my buttocks and getting ready for the pain to pass that last from a few seconds to a min long . It feels like I’m very  constipated  With gas - The pain shoots Thur my abdominal and anus also my stomach at the same time . The pain feels like labor pains + electric shocks also feels like a knife is trying to come out your anus . But your really constipated . I always experienced the pain when I’m on my period . I also noticed when I eat greasy foods around my period the pain pops ,because I don’t drink a lot of water . Poor diet also I have gallstones and my bowl movements are not regular. I believe I need to change my diet and stay away from greasy foods .  I drunk so coffee and had a bowl movement twice I feel better now and the pain has gone away. I wouldn’t wish the pain on my worst enemy. That’s how bad it hurts. You get dizzy as well too! I thought I was developing cancer . That’s how bad the pain was . I hope changing my diet helps my bypass this pain during my period.
I am experiencing painful sharp stabbing pains through my vagina an rectum area follow through with a  an dull pain in my abdomen.. been a week now every morning this happens after i pee. I have to brace myseld the pain is so intence i dont know why this is happening please help if anyone knows why??
Hi I too experience what feels like labour pains but it is shooting pains that go from vagina/anal area right up to my tummy. I was driving the other day when it happened and it was awful. Not really  noticed that it ties in with periods as it seems so random   Went to Doctor today about heavy periods and mentioned it and am being sent for an ultrasound. Feeling quite nervous
I have no idea where to post a question but I need help, I’m almost 18 and for well over a year I have been experiencing extreme pain down below after sex and before, it’s hard to explain the pain but it’s like I have a water infection and when you have this infection when you go for a a wee it really stings it’s about 5 times worse than that but it stays like that for around an hour, my partner isn’t big I have been asked that but no that’s not it, whilst it goes in it hurts a lot too but I don’t understand how, also it’s not just during this that it hurts, I could wake up in the middle of the night with massive shooting pains which make me want to cry they’re so bad, I’ve tried sleeping wearing nothing as I thought it may be this but I wear very loose fitted knickers, I’ve visited a doctor and been to the hospital but they say there is nothing wrong with me, I want to be reassured as I know there is something wrong, but you can’t always see the problem, I’ve been told it’s in my head but it’s gotten to the point I don’t want to do anything with my partner anymore because the pain is so bad.
Even I am experiencing this nasty thing. I am not even sure if I should consult a gastro specialist or a gyn. May be gases makes it worse. Although one thing brings immediate relief is pressing your perenial hard.
I have the exact same issue and it’s been going on for years but has progressed the past year. I had a laparoscopic done because I was told I have endometriosis come to find out that wasn’t the issue. I’ve seen several doctors and just saw a urogynecologist today. I also have bladder problems. I have yet to get any real answers. It is all exhausting and has effected my daily life. I also have a referral to see a GI doctor. Have you found out what your symptoms are from yet? I hope we both get relief soon! Good luck!
I had this issue several years ago, turned out I had an anal fissure! Horrible problem (and embarrassing) but I was referred to a GI surgeon who was able to eat it to heal without surgery.
I too have the sharp pains in my rectum mostly around my period! I have IBS and i have been researching like crazy! i have found a lot of forums on IBS where the people who have IBS have this same symptom. I believe it is the IBS that causes this.
i thought i was the only one experiencing this.... its like a sharp knife being cut through from my vagina to my *** and i cant even breathe like i really have to close my eyes and hold on to something... huhuhuhuhu
I also have pains in my vagina, anus, stomach and lower back where my kidney would be.  They pains feel like labor and sometimes last for an hour at a time.  I am in suboxone which makes you constipated and I believe that may be what is causing the cramping problem. However this past week I started taking laxative to help pass stool which has been hard to pass and has often times cut my any on the way out.  The laxative has made me go just a little at a time a few times this past week however they also cause me stomach pain so I only took two every other day.  I worry that I may have pelvic inflammatory disease but I believe that gas built up from constipation is much more likely the cause. If anyone can provide more information on this matter I would be interested in hearing it
Endometriosis & pudendal neuralgia
I've had similar pains.  It could be muscle spasms . I had that terrible pain under my rib n long story short it ended up being s HUGE had bubble....
I had the same problem and went to the er many times due to it peaking and lasting up to 20 minutes of straight agonizing pain. The only thing that helped was a muscle relaxer specifically for the lower abdomen muscles. I got it from my gastroenterologist and it takes about 15 minutes to kick it. But I have noticed if my back has been hurting it's more common. Probably the pinching or compression of a nerve network in the perineum area. I for one need to work on strengthen in my my pelvic floor because my gynecologist said that's what it sounded like to her. But definitely try to get on hyoscyamine. That's the only thing that helps with the pain.
I joined a few facebook groups with keyword being pudendal. And from what I am gathering a lot of people with this pain have pudendal neuralgia, pudendal neuropathy, pudendal entrapement and levator ani. Many gynecologists don't know what these are but I had to bring in a few links to web pages and printouts from pudendal neuralgia pages and it educated my dr and they are now trying to get with other experts to try and get me a diagnosis and some help. I have high hopes that I will oneday have some type of relief.
i still cant believe everyone has different experiences similar to hers with no remedy or actuality as to what it is and its 2018 hah. i have these pains in my vagina or in that area some times it starts there and moves to the anus and this happens when im on my period sometimes after. sometimes it hurts while trying to push stool out and im so scared to consult a doctor at 15 idk y.