Should I be worried and call a doctor?

I'm bleeding a lot enough to put two tampons in just today and I'm not supposed to get my next menstral cycle for another 14 days this has never happened before....I've only had a little spotting here and there before never like this. Should I call my gyno???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not to alarm you, but is it possible you could have been pregnant?
Helpful - 0
Sometimes spotting or bleeding can occur close to ovulation. Other than that intermenstrual bleeding should be ruled out. main causes of spotting between periods could be due to pregnancy, birth control pills, infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and even the bladder). Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and cervical dysplasia.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.