Women's Health Community
65.7k Members
Avatar universal

Should I see a gynecologist?

For the past ten days I’ve been having pain in my pelvic area that occurs when I stand, shift, or stretch in a quick manner. In addition to this, I’ve been having intense pain that lasts up to 5 minutes after I orgasm (without penetration.) I have only ever been with one partner and we haven’t had sex since April because he is traveling in the military.
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
So, new pain.  Hm.  It's intense?  I think you should get checked.  I've heard of a  certain kind of cyst that can develop and cause this. Bartholin cyst it is called.  Just in general, if you have pain, it's important to understand why.  Any discharge by the way?
I have no discharge. In fact, I have always had issues with vaginal dryness even though I’m only 19
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.