Should the after of fingering hurt?

My boyfriend fingered me last night and I am really sore down there. It hurts to sit and when I go to the bathroom it did hurt to pee but not anymore, it does hurt to wipe after I pee though. I don’t know if something is wrong. I’m 17 and I’ve had sex and have been fingered before. I would understand why I would be in pain after sex, but after being fingered is very weird. Is it a cut? Or an infection?
You could have a UTI from his dirty hands or finger nails. Bacteria could have been on his hands. Also, you need to get on birth control if you haven’t, and have a conversation with your parents or an adult.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you have a frequent urge to go to the bathroom (urinate)?  And does it hurt while you do?  Or does it more sting and hurt after you've gone like when the urine hits the tender area?  That's going to be the difference of a UTI verses an injury. If it is the first one, you need to tell an adult because antibiotics are required for uti's.  One of the ways you get uti's is that the finger grazes your back area near your bottom and gets feces on it. Can't see it or even smell it. but the bacteria is there.  And then they finger you and it gets into your urethra. Bam.  UTI. Same with anal sex and then having vaginal sex without washing. You are introducing bacteria.  (why we also wipe front to back to avoid this transference).  UTI's are bacterial and antibiotics treat them.  

Otherwise, it gets better usually on its own. An infection can happen but that is usually quite painful and hot to the touch.  

Do you think it is time to investigate birth control?  I agree that it would be smart to start thinking about this.