Small Placental Separation in First Trimester

I am currectly 9 weeks pregnant today and two weeks ago I was diagnosed with a small placental separation that measured 2.8cm.  I can't find ANY information on this happening this early in pregnancy.  My doctor doesn't seem concerned and I go back weekly for checkups but I can't seem to get excited because I'm so scared something is going to happen and I'll lose the baby.  I have had two previous pregnancy's with no complications and healthy children.  What are my chances for a positive outcome??  Help!
No one can give you an answer.  You are not very far along and if there is further separation and you have a full placental abruption then there's nothing that you can do.

However it's quite common for women to have some slight separation and there's a bit of bleeding but it spontaneously resolves and you continue with your pregnancy like nothing has happened.

They will likely check to see what your placenta is doing on your next ultrasound.  It's like the 11-13 week nuchal tranlucency screen if you are having that.  Unless you are having weekly ultrasounds at your OB check ups.