Sore, dry, itchy vagina

I've lately had a really dry, very sore and unbearably itchy vagina - to the point where it's been waking me up at night. I've considered it could be a yeast infection, which i have had before, but the medication doesn't seem to be doing much. There doesn't appear to be any cuts or blisters, i don't think, though i've also had small cuts, itches and discomfort a little further back around my butt.
Is there anything obvious this could be?
try canestene cream for thrush to stop the itch and sore dryness also cut out any perfumed body wash,soaps etc as the perfume in them will only make it worse.also try when coming out the bath before putting the cream on get a cool damp towel and place it down there.
Try to wash as much as you can. you can use the betadine as female wash, its antiseptic. Also try to check your blood sugar. My mom had that type of itch before then she was tested with high blood sugar. she's under medication now and her blood sugar maintained low and not suffering any itching down there.