Sore Breasts!

Hello All
I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions (besides possible pregnancy) that my breasts would be sore? They actually feel as if they are ready to fall off.
My last period was 1/16 and ended 1/21. A few nights ago, I woke up to go to the bathroom and I practically had to hold them as I walked (no bra to bed) cuz they hurt. I went back to bed and they still were sore when I woke up. I am not large (34 a/b) and they did feel less sore as the day went on but were sore again when I woke up the next day. They don't hurt as much now but kinda feel tender right along the underwire bra. It's not just one boob but both? Any ideas? Any suggestions?
I only have one thought, hormones.  Anytime your breasts hurt, that's the main culprit, especially if it's around the nipple.  I used to have the worst pain in my nipples during PMS, but now it's because of my pregnancy.  Depending on what stage you're going through in your life, I'd guess it gets stronger.  If it was only in one breast and not the other, I'd think otherwise, but my first reaction is hormones.
Here's a thought.. Maybe you are sleeping on your belly (and breasts) without realizing it. That would make them sore and you said you notice it when you wake up..
Noticed any changes like masses or tingling?? Are you SURE you aren't PREGGO!!??
Had an exam lately? Maybe you are developing Fibrocystic breasts... I have it and it can be very painful to one or both and it is worse when hormones are surging.
Or maybe you are pregnant??? Could be..
--J
You could have some sort of infection that's affecting your lymph nodes, which in turn can cause sore breasts. You may want to go and get tested for possible STI's or other infections.
do you sleep on your stomach, you may be hurting them while you sleep
Mine are really sore right now too!  Last month I was on the pill & I switched back to the ring... Now Im waiting 4 my period to show 2day but mine have been hurting for weeks!!  Id say hormones too!
Thank you for responding. I do sleep on my stomach quite often and I think I did during that time (can't recall). I honestly don't think I'm pregnant because then we'd open a new can of worms concerning the "whole pre-***/ejaculation debate" My husband and I had sex the day my period ended but he did not ejaculate inside of me. We didn't use protection and I'm not on BC. We started off using a condom and away it went after a bit. Also, I don't think I'd show pregnancy symptoms less than a week later.
I just couldnt think of any other reason besides PMS and pregnancy that the "ole girls" would be so sore. They felt better today though.
Glad you felt better today.
It is highly unlikely that you would have major pregnancy symptoms after only a week.  Also, the fact that you were just finishing your period is also a good indication that you are not pregnant.
It is probably just hormones...as I age, I notice that my body just feels weird, compared to what I felt like as a teenager.  I never could feel myself ovulate when I was a teen/early 20's, but now I'm experiencing all kinds of symptoms when I ovulate.  
I know that you're nervous..but just relax.  As you've heard many times on this forum, the more you stress, the more likely your period will be late.

Good luck--MH
Hey miss lady!
The only thing I can think of is hormones. (Or maybe God has decided to bless you with growth!) hehe, That would be the day eh?
They will get better eventually, hopefully you can get a week or two off from the soreness before it starts back up again before your period. :-)

not to be a big dope but what is an STI? ive heard of STD, but not STI?
ok, so i looked it up and its "sexually transmitted infection"
i have been with my husband for a total of 20 years and he is the only sexual partner i have had. also, what does an STI have to do with sore breasts? i didnt find anything on the website as that being a symptom. be gentle w. me..you are dealing with a self-diagnosed hypochondriac. i think after reading it all, ive developed some symptoms..LOL.
You are so crazy!) Like you said, you don't have time or energy to get an STI.LOL Seriously though, how are the girls doing?? Feeling any better yet? And have you noticed any other changes, like cysts or anything? Maybe it's time to give the ole doc a call?? TTYL--J
I doubt you caught anything from your husband, considering your long relationship. I had a close friend in highschool who had sore breasts and no period for about 3 mos. She was just sure she was pregnant. She had chlamydia and BV, and after she took the medicine, her breasts stopped hurting and her period came back. She insisted she was never pregnant, but who knows?

Also, I sleep on my belly a lot and I'm a 36DD (not trying to brag, it sucks). My breasts have never been sore because of it. Everyone's different, though.