Sore breasts, not PMS - Worried!

Hello, I am 21 and for the past 3 weeks straight I have had very sore breasts and it has progressively gotten worse. I can't feel any lumps of anything like they just feel like they are bruised on the inside!

Here's the thing, I have had implanon (rod implant contraceptive) for 4 years now all up so I do not get my period so it cannot be PMS (even when I did get my period I never suffered from sore, firm breasts because of PMS). I can't blame caffeine or salty foods because neither are a huge part of my diet.

I am starting to get more and more worried as the pain hasn't seemed to go away. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be?

Thanks!
Is there any chance the implanon is wearing off? I believe they only last about 3 years.  It certainly sounds like fluctuating hormones to make both breasts ache like that.