A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members
11130238 tn?1415556887

Spotting and Clots

Hi,

I just have a question about a few things that have been happening for me that I'm concerned about. I'm 19 years old, not on birth control, and I have never had sex.

So I got my period early, about 3 weeks after the last one (which is unusual for me because I normally am very regular). It was strange because I had no cramping (literally nothing, which is also strange because I normally will have some mild cramping the day it begins). So I just thought that because I had a cold at the time and was taking Benylin (with tylenol in it) that the medication had taken away the pain of the cramps. That was fine. It lasted for about 3-4 days, and I had a bit of dark discharge afterwards like normal. Then, a week after I started experiencing more dark discharge (like dark period blood) and today, most concerning of all, I went to the washroom and there was a dark blood clot. It was stringy, probably about the size of a quarter (if it was circular).

I've also been noticing that I have to pee more often than normal, kind of like my bladder won't empty out. But this could just be me over-analyzing things.

I've tried googling it, but the options that it brings up don't match with my symptoms (mainly because I've had no pain).

I don't know what to do. I'm not living at home, but I could go to the health clinic here. I just don't want to go if this is something normal that I've just never experienced before.

Please help, I'm really concerned.

Thanks!
0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.