Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

Stinging

Hello,  It started off my skin being super sensitive feeling like I could feel a hair touching my skin.  Then I started getting the feeling like bugs were crawling on my skin but nothing there or soemthing crawling in eyeborwn and nothing there.  Now I am having pains all over my body like it feels like a bee bites me, but nothign there.  The crawling sensation is still there off/on.  Sometimes it feels like my hands/legs feels like numb.  I have been seeing alot of red like dots like a red pen inked on me all over my body but dr said probably broked vessels its hereditary.  I went to dr .  I had previously been on B6 100 mg for abuot 3 weeks becuase i was told by my urologist this may help prevent more kidney stones. I went off those becuase i felt like it was keeping me up to much.  The dr said that she thought it could be like w/d symptoms from the b6 or it could be another type of deficiency but did not think bugs at all.  It came back I have iron deficency but no anemia and my b6 levels were normal but low normal.  
She put me on ferrous sulfate for a month and back on b6 pills 50 mg. I was wondering do these symptoms sound like they coudl be becuase of a iron deficeny or b6 low level?  If so how long should it take with these pills for these symptoms to go away?  Or what else coudl it be.  Its driving me nuts.  I use free/clear laudry soap.
Thanks!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Formication refers to a sensation that resembles that of insects crawling on or under the skin. It is one form of paresthesia, which also refers to prickling or  tingling sensation that may be associated with neurological issues. This may be associated with onset of menopause, mediation side effect or underlying medical conditions such as diabetic neuropathy, skin cancer, syphilis, Lyme disease or herpes zoster. If it persists, further evaluation may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.