Sudden change in periods

Can someone please help me!!

I have always had late periods, one month it could start on the 2nd, the next it could be the 18th, then I could miss a month etc. But I had become used to this, not knowing when it would start. I have actually, for the last two years, been writing down when I have come on, just to keep track really.

But lately I have had periods roughly the same time each month, with a few days here or there, infact they have even been a few days early. But my last period was only two weeks ago (start of period was two weeks ago), so I have only had a week since it finished as it lasts 6/7 days. Most of my periods used to be painful in the past, recently they hadn't been too bad. But now I am on again, for the second time in just over two weeks and I feel very faint and my period pains are pretty bad. I need to know what this means, I feel it is not normal for me at all. What can be a sign of?

I have been to have plently of tests in the last three/four years as I get very sore 'down there', I have an over-active bladder. They still dont really know why I have the soreness, if anyone has watched Embarrasing Bodies in the UK recently on Channel 4, there have been a few woman with a soreness thing too, and there is no cure or proper diagnosis to why it occurs!! It has slightly improved as I take Magnesium and Calcium citrte which I read can help slighlty. But the main thing is the sudden irregular period, do I wait for the next one to see if that is in about four weeks like before and if it's way too early again, what then?

Be very greatful for any help, thanks.

Jen